Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | QRPGuys Lidia 40m DC Receiver Help

Reviews Summary for QRPGuys Lidia 40m DC Receiver
QRPGuys Lidia 40m DC Receiver Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $35.00
Description: The QRPGuys Lidia 40m Direct Conversion Receiver is the
creation of SP5DDJ and he has dedicated it to the memory of
his wife Lidia. Wim has granted permission for us to produce
it as a kit. We are offering it on 40m, but the main IC is
rated to 60mHz so it may be configured to work on other HF
bands.
More info: http://www.qrpguys.com

You can write your own review of the QRPGuys Lidia 40m DC Receiver.

KZ5AJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2017 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Fine receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just finished this neat little receiver, and it works great. I plan to put it on the air with a Ramsey transmitter and will update after a few contacts.

The kit went together with no snags, and the assembly manual is clear with very good instructions and parts identification.

Sensitivity is very good, on a par with my Yaesu FT 817. Selectivity seems very good for a direct conversion receiver. There is a preamp, which can be bypassed with a jumper. Audio is ample for my earbuds, and an audio CW filter can be
switched on. I did not test with an external speaker. Band coverage can be either about 7.0 to 7.15, or the full band. I elected to install 1 of the 2 included varactors, because this receiver will only be used for cw. The tuning pot is 10 turn and tuning is easy.

I included QRPGuys Digital Counter, which is optional for this unit. That is the only ding I have for this kit so far. It was impossible for me, with my old eye and somewhat shaky hands to get the two bottom mounting screws in, but it works fine without them.

I'm very pleased with this receiver.