Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | LZ2RR MS-S3 Remote Antenna Switch (or Radio Switch) Help

Reviews Summary for LZ2RR MS-S3 Remote Antenna Switch (or Radio Switch)
LZ2RR MS-S3 Remote Antenna Switch (or Radio Switch) Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$99.00
Description: A remote, weatherproof antenna selector that can be modified
for use as a radio switch.
More info: http://www.ebay.com/usr/lz2rr

You can write your own review of the LZ2RR MS-S3 Remote Antenna Switch (or Radio Switch).

VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2017 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this remote 3 port switch, is of excellent European engineering quality, precise engineering, great quality all round, good quality 16 amp relays, CAT6 connection cable, simple and effective,
I only have 2 antennas, UB VL-2-3, & Fritzel FD4.
feed line is HCA58-50J, with M&P ULTRA-FLEX 13 TO Antennas,
fixed an issue and saved a cable run,
pleasant to swap emails with,
will use again,
Cheers
Dennis vk4sx

KK6W Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2017 22:23 Send this review to a friend
Awesome product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The MS-S3 solved the following problem for me:

I’m sharing a single HF antenna between my Yaesu FTDX1200 and my SDRPlay RSP1. Using an ordinary antenna switch, I had the benefits of a great 10Mhz spectrum analyzer without the need to modify or upgrade my Yaesu to get a panadapter function that would have less functionality than the RSP1.

I love the RSP1's versatility and its ability to control my Yaesu frequency and mode. The Yaesu follows the frequency of the RSP1 cursor so I'm always ready to transmit with the flip of a switch.

The only drawback was the clutter on my desk from the LMR400 antenna cable, two coax jumper cables, a clunky antenna switch, and the RSP1 box.

Enter LZ2RR’s MS-S3 weatherproof antenna switcher…clutter problem solved. Normally built as a weatherproof, remote antenna switch, LZ2RR custom built one for me to allow up to three radios to share one antenna, at no extra charge!

These units are normally built so that the inactive connectors are grounded (normal for an antenna switch). That would not have worked for what I needed. So, upon my request, LZ2RR built a switcher that would not ground the inactive connectors.

The build quality of this unit is excellent and it works just as good as it looks.

Now, my LMR400, jumper cables, remote switch, and RSP1 are off my desk and cleanly installed on the side of it and out of sight. All I have on the desk is one jumper cable going to the back of my Yaesu that you can't see and the MS-S3 remote selector (small black box with a small, easy to turn dial, three indicator LEDs, and small power and control cables. I now have a much, much cleaner setup.

LZ2RR was very easy and pleasant to deal with through their ebay site and I would highly recommend doing business with them on any of their products. Though they’re located in Bulgaria, pricing and build/delivery time was very reasonable.

Good luck and 73!