Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Panasonic Rf-3700 Help

FM 87,5 - 108 MHz
MW 522 - 1611 kHz
SW 5,9 - 18 MHz AM only
More info: http://www.panasonic.com

You can write your own review of the Panasonic Rf-3700.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 3/5 Feb 5, 2017 11:57 Send this review to a friend
Fun to modify, now with IF OUT  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a decent MW and FM receiver plus it has SW from 5.9-18Mhz AM only. No SSB. The audio sounds good on AM and FM. The nice thing is that the service manual with schematic is online.As far as I understand it, it is just a single conversion receiver and this is a bad thing. The good thing is the IF at 450. Having a 450-12Khz converter using Quisk software I enjoy LSB-USB-CW and all the other modes, plus IF-DSP filtering, notch, NR etc. The mod is very easy as there is plenty of room to add a couple of RCA connectors, one for Antenna and one for IF-OUT. Looking at the schematic, IC2 is the core of the receiver, close to pins 21-24 of this chip the Filters T2 and CF2. I tapped both T2 and CF-2 so I have two IF-OUT, one of which is a bit more filtered and the other is flatter. I also added a RCA antenna connector to connect a large antenna. I found sensitivity could be ameliorated even adding a impedance transformer from 50ohm of the antenna to 800ohm at the radio. Even without this transformer, checking the sensitivity with a S3 generator I could receive that signal at about 10db above the noise floor, and this value is not very far from tabletops. Also I was surprised to find the 10Mhz was close to the reference 10Mhz signal, the difference was just 150 hertz! Overall, if it happens you have it, well consider tinkering it. Now it is the companion of to my qrp transmitters.