Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Sangean PR-D4W AM/FM Receiver Help

Reviews Summary for Sangean PR-D4W AM/FM Receiver
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$70
Description: Sangean PR-D4W AM/FM Weather Alert Radio
Includes Multiple Bandwidth Narrowing Choices and AM Auto
Tracking
More info: http://www.sangean.com/products/product.asp?mid=184

You can write your own review of the Sangean PR-D4W AM/FM Receiver.

KE8WO Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2017 13:46 Send this review to a friend
A Very Good Receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one a few months ago. Primarily for AM reception. It was rated by others to be very near the top of the portable receivers regarding AM performance. I was surprised that my Degen DE1103 could hear all AM stations that the D4 could albeit some times a bit noisier. The AM mode features a sort of auto fine tuning which does really help .. but it takes a second or two to settle down. So doing a band scan on AM is a slow go. FM is very sensitive and selective as you would expect from a DSP based design. Good WX reception and features. Nice features but simple to use. My conclusion is that this is a very good full featured DSP based AM FM WX receiver. The bass was too strong for my ears (my hearing quickly drops off in the mid to high audio frequency range) and not adjustable so i gave it to my granddaughter. I now have Sangean PR-D15 on order .. it has adjustable bass and treble.