Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | BTECH UV-2501 Help

Reviews Summary for BTECH UV-2501
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $120
Description: VHF/UHF 2M/70CM FM Transceiver. 25 Watts High 10 watts low.

You can write your own review of the BTECH UV-2501.

KD8YZC Rating: 0/5 Jun 18, 2017 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Buyer Beware  Time owned: more than 12 months
At 14 months old, my UV-2501 stopped transmitting. I contacted Baofeng and was informed that there is no repair offered after the warranty period. So I have a radio, only 2 months out of warranty that is now nothing but a paperweight. Maybe, I can poke around inside and figure it out on my own, but who knows.

K5TEN Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2017 21:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Rig Low Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The radio came as advertised with all accessories and hardware. The owner's manual says don't operate on high power unless you have to, so I don't. I will be mating this rig with a dual band vertical (with gain)and will report back then. Using CHIRP it was extremely easy to program and out of the box to my first contact was less than a half hour. I keep the power on low and keep an eye on the heat of the rig as it's small size (and corresponding heat sink) so it doesn't overheat. Had a half hour long QSO yesterday with no problems. Decent bang for the buck with the things it can do. A comparable dual band with 25 to 50 watts runs almost $300, so it's a decent buy. This rig does NOT have 220 mHZ and so far has none of the problems that model has. Before, I had to go out to the back deck with an HT to hit my favorite repeater. Now I can so that with an indoor antenna. It's a "baby" rig, but I like it.