Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Phonema RHEA Speakers Help

Reviews Summary for Phonema RHEA Speakers
Phonema RHEA Speakers Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $229.00
Description: The Rhea speaker match the following transceivers:
Icom IC7610, IC7600, IC 7410, IC7400, IC9100, IC756, IC746, IC738, IC751, IC745, ICR71 and IC720.
Yaesu FTDX3000, FTDX1200 and FT950.
Kenwood TS870 and TS850.
Sensitivity: 87 dB
Driver protection: IP64
Dimensions (WHD): 186x115x275 mm / 7,32x4,52x10,82 in
Weight: 2,25 Kg / 4,96 lb

You can write your own review of the Phonema RHEA Speakers .

KK6W Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2018 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm 60 years old and suffer from degraded hearing and tinnitus. I'm always looking for ways to enhance my audio with various speakers and headphones so that I can enjoy this great hobby for as long as I can.

For the last year or so, I've been using a home built speaker that was a huge improvement over my Yaesu FTDX1200's built-in speaker. It's made from 3/4" plywood, uses a 6x4" speaker and is filled with 1" fiberfill. I've been very happy with it, except for it being BIG and heavy.

So, never leaving well enough alone, I looked for something more streamlined/lighter/better looking. After much research, I thought I'd give Phonema's RHEA speaker a shot.

Being that the RHEA enclosure is smaller and uses a smaller speaker than my home built box, I worried that I would loose some audio quality. But I'm an experimenter at heart and had to try it.

Within 30 seconds of listening to my new RHEA, I knew I had made the right decision. This thing truly sounds..."Phenomenal"! It beats my home made speaker hands down. Voices are enhanced and QRM/static/etc. seems to be de-emphasized. It's just smoother and more pleasant to listen to. I guess the difference is that it was built by audio engineers vs my just throwing a bunch of stuff together.

Although it's pricey, I think it's worth every cent. It sounds and looks great sitting on top of my Yaesu (I'll update my QRZ pics soon). 73's!

KG7WYV Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2017 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Great sound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This company has a history of improving other manufacturers speakers so with that I thought I would give this one a try. Ordered from DX engineering, fast shipping and speaker well protected. At this point I'm very pleased with the quality, performance and workmanship. I'm by no means an audio expert but have noticed a huge improvement over the OEM speaker that is on the FTDX3000. It is a louder speaker and the volume controls are set to one/quarter to one/half lower of what they were with the OEM speaker. Some of the tones could be ear piercing if volume levels are left at the same level. What I like about this is that IM digging up voices I could not normally hear before, Unless I had a head set on.
I like the fact the speaker has provisions for being hooked up to two receivers (channel A and Channel B)Although you can only hear one at a time. It works well with the FT991 as well. Overall I'm impressed. I did remove the metal screen for a better look. (Small fingers needed).I may paint the screen a different color some day.