Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | RCA PRO-X33AV SPEAKER Help

Reviews Summary for RCA PRO-X33AV SPEAKER
RCA PRO-X33AV SPEAKER Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $40
Description: 15 Watt 2-Way Die-Cast Mini Speaker
Available at Radio Shack
More info: http://WWW.RADIOSHACK.COM

You can write your own review of the RCA PRO-X33AV SPEAKER.

N4GKS Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2014 15:57 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I read the reviews on eHam and was lucky enough to find one on Ebay at a great price. The difference between this speaker and the Kenwood SP23 is astounding. Great lows mixed with just enough highs on the Kenwood TS480. If you can find one or even two, jump on it if the price is right.

W5ZZT Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2013 21:05 Send this review to a friend
Great audio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading all the reviews I was lucky enough to find a pair of these new on ebay. Over the years I have used just about every matching speaker for rigs plus the sweet sounds speaker. This speaker blows them all away hands down. If you can find some in decent shape grab them. You will be surprised at the sound it produces.

KC0GSB Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2010 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this as the speaker for my primary radio. It matches the Yaesu well. You don't have to spend a lot to have a good speaker. It is heavy and well made. I believe I paid 29 dollars for it new.

KG6EJT Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2010 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Good alternative to over-priced matching speakers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Based on several reviews on here, I recently purchase a used pair of these speakers from a vendor on eBay. I'm very happy with them. They really have made a big difference compared to the rig speaker in my Kenwood TS-140. The speakers have a nice rich sound and they make SSB sound great.

If you see a pair of these, grab them. You won't be disappointed.

N7XDX Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2008 09:34 Send this review to a friend
Great little speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great little speaker for any communications receiver. Built to last with metal case and grill. Don't need to use earphones as often because the audio is easier on the ears and I can "hear" signals I couldn't before. Picked mine up on ebay for a just a few dollars...glad I did!

KZ5I Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2006 03:35 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great Sounding speaker. I use one with a Kenwood TS-930, JRC NRD-515 receiver and Yaesu Mrk V Field.

Sounds great on all !!

KB1FZA Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2005 20:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
You can't miss with those $20 2-way speakers (closeout in RS). The audio quality is excellent for communication use. I haven't try them with a HI-FI signal but I think my Icom R75 sounds great with this speaker! I have another one which I use with Yaesu FT-100D. The speaker is built very solid - durable diecast enclosure, metal front grill, good wire terminals on the back and nice black finish. It has a "gold" RCA logo on the front which stands out too much for my taste so I painted the logo black and now the speaker blends better with my other equipment. The speaker is compact but it is heavy enough and produces very crisp audio. For such price is a steal and it is a shame RS dicontinued them.

KY4LC Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2005 05:50 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Speaker  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought 2 of these speakers after reading the reviews on eham.net. I think they are great!! The speakers are a color match for my Yaesu FT-920 and a close match for my Icom IC-910. I run a Yaesu SP-767 speaker and, other than the filters, these speakers are more than a match for it. The audio is full and rich for FM and great on SSB. If you are looking to improve the audio of your reciever, you can't go wrong with these. If you can find them they are well worth the money.

WK0F Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2004 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker for the money!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two of these, one for my IC-746Pro and the other for my IC-718. You can't go wrong with these.

N4KZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2004 20:34 Send this review to a friend
Nice surprise  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very good speaker for the $20 close-out price. I might even buy a second one for future use. I still think my Yaesu SP-8 sounds a little better but not at 8 times the price of the little RCA speaker.