Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | RCA PRO-X33AV SPEAKER Help

Reviews Summary for RCA PRO-X33AV SPEAKER
RCA PRO-X33AV SPEAKER Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $40
Description: 15 Watt 2-Way Die-Cast Mini Speaker
Available at Radio Shack
More info: http://WWW.RADIOSHACK.COM

You can write your own review of the RCA PRO-X33AV SPEAKER.

KD8K Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2004 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Good speaker for the price.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am not sure how good of a speaker this is on a HI-FI system, but like the previous reviewers, I was pleasantly surprised when I used it as a communications speaker. Most of the HI-FI type speakers that I have used typically over emphasized the higher frequencies, adding hiss or making the audio too tinny. This speaker does not seem to do that. It seems to emphasize the mid-range frequencies, while adding enough bass to make the audio pleasant to listen to. The audio to me seems very crisp and clean through this speaker. I bought one for my K2 and liked it so well I bought another for my TS-2000, replacing my larger bookshelf type speaker. While the bass response is almost, but not quite as good the larger speaker, the received audio seems far less noisy.

It's a well built speaker, in a die-cast aluminum case, well worth the $19.97 it is selling for now.

K6SBA Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2004 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Get them while you can!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Once again, Radio Shack is discontinuing a great product, which I suppose does not fit into their "marketing vision." I use this little gem with an Yaesu FT-920. There is a shelf above the 920 which severely limits the audio quality of the built-in top-firing speaker. The PRO-X33AV sounds at least as good (or better) than the $150 matching Yaesu SP-8. The RS speaker sounds great and blends right into the rest of the station. Current price is $19.97. If you need even more mojo, the slightly larger X44AV is available for around $24 (also on closeout).

73 de K6SBA
David in Santa Barbara, CA

KG6NJM Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2004 18:21 Send this review to a friend
Made the difference  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I don't know if I should give this a 5 since I haven't used other speakers but it made the difference between understanding the conversation or just hearing voices in the static. The built-in speaker on my ICOM 718 is fine if the signal is strong or the static weak but when conditions deteriorate this speaker made it possible to hear and understand the conversations. Now I can understand the call signs that used to take me several tries to catch. For $19.97 at Radio shack it was a great buy! Solid construction makes it very attractive in the shack.

K4CMD Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2003 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Great speaker, great price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I also have two of these speakers on the shelf on either side of my TS-570S(G)! Great audio on all modes; absolutely wonderful when SWLing too! You can't go wrong for $19.99!

K4TOR Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2003 10:56 Send this review to a friend
Good speakers  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got two of these speakers, one on each side of my Kenwood TS-950SDX. The speakers work very good, and using two makes it sound like the sound is coming from the entire front of the tranceiver. You can't go wrong with one or two of these.

W2NSF Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2003 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For $20, you get quality sound and a metal case. Radio shack sells them individually, so no need to spring for two when one will do. Highly recommend checking this one out before spending big bucks on an OEM speaker. Small enough to be a mobile speaker, too -- it has four small and one big threaded mounting holes. You'll have money left over to buy that external DSP or just make the XYL happy, hi hi.

OLDSEAROCK Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2003 20:17 Send this review to a friend
Why pay more?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had fully planned on springing for an Icom SP 20 until I read these reviews; At that point I decided that I'd first buy one of these RCA speakers and try it out.

The sound from this speaker is superb. I shall look no further and I thank those here who took the time to write their opinions.

Before you spend big $, try one of these. If you don't like it, take it back to Radio Shack; Radio Shack won't quibble with you as long as you have the original packaging and your receipt.

I'm thoroughly pleased and pleasantly surprised with audio quality of this speaker.

W5VET Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2003 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My hat is off - this is a great communications speaker and with die cast chassis, bass reflex port, midrange and tweeter, you would have to look a long time to beat the bang for the buck ratio! I don't understand why anyone would give this a bad rating unless they got a lemon. Oh, and the sound on AM shortwave is full and rich. SSB and CW are handled superbly.

Has solid construction, nice matching color for my Icom 756PRO cabinet and best of all it was on sale at the Shack for $29.99. You know it's quality when you pick it up. Be sure you get a set of self adhesive feet to peel and prss onto the base to prevent scuffing. Also, you can buy them in the each quantity.

Bottom line: You can pay a lot more and get a lot less.

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2002 17:08 Send this review to a friend
A great secret discovered  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these speaker about a year ago at Radio Shack to use with my 756PRO. I agree with all the previous posts. It is a superb base station speaker with really easy to listen to sound. I recommend it highly for use with any ham rig.

WU1Z Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2002 12:01 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT SPEAKER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I JUST BOUGHT ONE OF THESE THIS WEEKEND. I DECIDED I WANTED AN EXTERNAL SPEAKER TO ADD TO MY 850-S AND DID NOT WANT TO PAY THE RIDICULOUS PRICES THAT ARE OUT THERE FOR THEM. SO I BROUGHT ONE HOME,HOOKED IT UP AND BOY, I WAS SURPRISED AT HOW GOOD IT IS. IT WAS ON SALE AT RADIO SHACK FOR 19.95. EXTREMELY GOOD PRICE FOR SUCH GREAT QUALITY. I WOULD HAVE GLADLY PAYED THE 40 BUCKS REGULAR PRICE FOR ONE. WELL WORTH IT.I ALSO TRIED IT ON MY YAESU FT 2500-M AND IT SOUNDED AWESOME ON THAT TOO. I HAVE HEARD SOME OF THE EXTERNAL SPEAKERS THAT ARE SOLD BY THE MAJOR COMPANIES IN HAM RADIO AND MY EARS TELL ME ITS HARD TO BEAT THE RCA PRO-X33AV SPEAKER. JOE WU1Z