Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Elecraft SP3 Help

Reviews Summary for Elecraft SP3
Elecraft SP3 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$179
Description: High Performance Matching Speaker for the K3S & K3
designed by audio expert Dr. Bruce Edgar. Two rear inputs
with front panel switch for selecting between different
radio sources and a rear output jack for a adding a
second speaker (stereo)
More info: http://www.elecraft.com/elecraft_prod_list.htm

You can write your own review of the Elecraft SP3.

K6USN Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2017 20:29 Send this review to a friend
Attractive and functional  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had been using my SP2000 speaker with my Elecraft K3s with very good results. The SP2000 however overwhelmed the K3 in size so I looked at smaller speakers and selected the Elecraft SP3. Both speakers produce sharp clear communications audio and are well made. Two of the best options out there.
The price difference between the two is very small.

I use the SP3 daily and could not be happier.
Delivers good audio, has a small footprint on the desk, and matches the K3s. I would recommend either speaker highly and leaned towards the
K3S due to size and the fact it matches the K3s.

W8NWN Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2017 05:50 Send this review to a friend
Great little speaker!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the speaker for about 2 years but just now plugged it in and noticed how good it sounds!

I always thought that "oval" speakers were cheap and usually used on old AM radios of yesteryear AND they were! The little oval speaker in this unit does a real fine job.

When I finally got around to plugging it in to my K3S, I realized how much I had been missing. It sounds very smooth and has no noticeable peaks, valleys or vibrations in the reproduced audio.

A lot of amateur radio speakers seem to have included "filtering" as a selling point, however this speaker does not seem to need any. It sounds unbelievably good and reproduces the audio just fine the way it is.

If you purchase a Elecraft SP3 speaker you will not be disappointed in its sound or its looks in your shack.

WB4YAL Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2017 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Fine Sounding Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been trying different speakers I have in the shack on my Elecraft K3S for some time. I have used my Kenwood SP-23, Icom sp-23, Kenwood SP-950 and Yaesu FT-2000 speaker trying to get the best sound quality.
Of all these speakers, the SP-200 was the most pleasing in sound but it Dwarfs the K3S with it's size. So when Elecraft announced the SP-3 matching speaker for the K3 series rigs, I looked closely at this accessory. I am not one to buy a speaker just because it matches the rig but I admit, I liked the way the SP3 looked in pictures.
After looking at some YouTube videos and reading some reviews, I decided to buy one. As I thought, it looks good beside of the K3S. But how does it sound??? GREAT!!! It compares favorably with the SP-2000 even without the built-in filters that the SP-200 has. It has good presence in the shack with just enough bass and mid-range to allow good intelligibility for CW and SSB. And on AM it gives the stations very good sound that is pleasant to listen to. I am very happy to own this fine speaker.