Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ANAN 200 D Help

Reviews Summary for ANAN 200 D
ANAN 200 D Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $3500.00
Description: software defined radio
More info: http://https://apache-labs.com/

You can write your own review of the ANAN 200 D.

NA1A Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2017 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Simply amazing  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As of today (8/29/2017), I have had this radio for exactly 9 months. It is just a fantastic radio. It is the official replacement for my good old, trustworthy FTDX-5000MP which I had for 5 years.
I must say that during the course of the 5 years using the Yaesu, I went off track and tried out a few other radios but always went back to the FTDX-5000. The radios I tried out include but not limited to the K3, K3S, Flex 6500, IC-7600, Omni VII, Orion II, Kenwood TS-990s.
The current software for the Anan (HPSDR) has an amazingly good compressor. It boosts the average talk power up another 3dB yet does not change the quality of the audio at all. Without the compressor, the ANAN 200D already has just about the same average talk power as the FTDX-5000MP (which I find to be the most powerful talk power out of all radio that I have used). Now with the built-in compressor in the current software release, the radio's talk power is even more. This means the 200D has the most powerful talk power out of any radio out there currently.
While the talk power is outstanding, the transmitter is sterling. It doesn't color the transmit audio like in most radio and it is very natural sounding. The transmit audio monitor is also another great feature worth mentioning. What you hear coming out of it is exactly how you sound on the air at whatever bandwidth you are using. It is very accurate. The IMD product of the 200D measures down to almost -65dB! The only other radio in the world today that could top this would be the Anan 8000DLE with -80dB.
While the transmitter is the cleanest and most natural sounding, the receiver is right up there with it. It is just to be expected from a high end SDR radio.
Open source HPSDR is a very user friendly software with lots of support (without paying any fee).
This radio to me is the best bang for the buck with outstanding performance and reliability.
Also, one other note: radio is very stable and predictable. No surprises (like the other brand)

HB9TKA Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2017 01:36 Send this review to a friend
My best Radio ever!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This Transceiver ist the best Radio i ever had for non mobile use.
Spectral view is adjustable from nearly the whole band down to audio frequency response of the transmitted signal. Audio quality is superb. I use Heil Headsets. The different Noise Blankers are the most effective I ever used.
S-Meter Level accuracy is well within +/-1dB checked with a high quality HP 3586 Level Meter. I really recommend this TRX.
Software for both, Radio and Operating are regularly updatet and improved. You can change and define many many parameters.

KD8KOR Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2017 05:33 Send this review to a friend
AMAZING !!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am very new to operating a SDR radio, its truly amazing how well this radio receives , It did take a while to get it set up , it is not plug and play ,but not hard either, YouTube was a great help, I get great audio reports , it works fantastic with all digital modes , HRD jt65 ect.