Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | The Y-BOX by N6TV Help

Reviews Summary for The Y-BOX by N6TV
The Y-BOX by N6TV Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $139
Description: A 4-Way Splitter and Breakout Box for the accessory port of
Elecraft K3 and Elecraft K3S transceivers

You can write your own review of the The Y-BOX by N6TV.

W0BBI Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2018 04:48 Send this review to a friend
A must for K3 owners.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Others have reviewed this product in great detail so I will just endorse their positive comments and
simply add this is a must if you are a K3 Line owner.
In addition, the Y-BOX can be set up to for several different configurations and N6TV Bob was very help full in making sure I received exactly what I needed.
Great product, great service, money well spent.
NZ3O Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2018 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Nice Box! Little Documentation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I do not have the daisy-chain that many people describe here, but I did want to add the W1AN FSK Interface to my Elecraft K3S. The idea of connecting and disconnecting cables told me I would make the switch very often, so I wouldn't be very active with FSK. I really wanted something simple. This is it.

I would like it better if the box itself had mounting options, like tab holes or wire tie spots, but I'll find a safe spot to hide this once I'm satisfied everything is final.

The only documentation is the overview on the website, so make sure to save that somewhere (like in Evernote) so you can reference it later should the site no longer exist.
W6XR Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2017 06:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The rats nest of cables and connectors near the Elecraft K3S are unsightly and tend to fail at the worst possible times. I stumbled upon N6TV's answer to the clutter behind the transceivers and quickly realized one or two of Bob's Y-BOX solution to take over some critical switching and routing of most of the cables needed to operate a well designed station was needed. The Y-BOX takes over the functions done by cables, including "Y"s and includes circuitry inside the Y-BOX to do needed switching of functions previously done by discreet cables, adapters and connectors. The Y-BOX is well laid out and looks like something designed for NASA or other flight services. It's well worth the expenditure and the gains made by eliminating much of the clutter found in today's wireless station. This accessory offers great value and I'll never be without one or more!

It's easy to order and Bob, N6TV provides great prompt service just as his Y-BOx does. you will not be disappointed!

Natan W6XR
Ithaca, NY
VE3EJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2017 09:55 Send this review to a friend
Versatile and clutter free  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The multi-function 15 pin ACC connectors on the back of my K3 radios were always a problem to interface with and required a daisy chain of "Y" connectors that were both unreliable and unsightly. N6TV's Y-BOX was the perfect solution to eliminating all the clutter while adding additional easy to access RCA connectors for the most commonly used interfaces.

The product looks great and works great too.

Dealing with N6TV was easy. He shipped immediately and followed up to make sure the product arrived.

Thumbs up for the Y-BOX by N6TV
K6UFO Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2017 09:53 Send this review to a friend
Well-made, Wonderful!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a long chain of Y adapters, now replaced by a neat, simple installation that I can have confidence in. Reliability is important to me, so the Y-box eliminates that old nagging worry about the Y adapters. Installation was simple and trouble-free, no issues.
VE3YF Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2017 16:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Y-Boxes arrived this morning. Thanks to Bob for working with me on the shipping into Canada. Very well packaged and no scratches. Getting ready to put them into place and get rid of a whole bunch of cables behind my K3 SO2R station. (What a current Mess) I did notice something that I really liked. The rubber feet on the bottom are all perfectly aligned correctly and all of Bobs labels are perfectly aligned and no wrinkles or labels being being crooked. Bob has taken time to ensure proper detail. If the outside of the case is any indication of what is going on inside of the case everyone would be completely satisfied. Just came back to the article from checking the inside of the boxes and everything is perfect inside the case. Great job by Bob on the shack addition.
N3ND Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2017 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Nicely Done!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My K3S / K3 K-Line SO2R setup requires a real cable mess. This box eliminates much of the bulk. Well done!
N6XI Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2017 15:55 Send this review to a friend
Been waitin' for this!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been nagging Elecraft for years to offer a breakout box for the K3/K3S ACC connector. Many important signals come and go through it and the delicate cascades of Y-connectors behind my pair of K3's was a real pain. I even spec'd a box like this long ago but never had the energy to complete the design and construction. So, when Bob found an inexpensive source of sheet metal to house it, I gave him my thoughts from long ago and encouraged him to make it happen. He took my suggestions and made up a prototype which I tested at my station. Then he added provision for incorporating his previously-documented lockout circuit and other niceties, and did a first production run. I got one of those, too, and am delighted with the improved ergo behind the rigs. There are still too many wires involved in "wireless," but at least the ACC connector problem has been solved. Thanks, Bob!
K5OT Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2017 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Problems solved with this box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob N6TV has come up with a clean, well-designed, and very flexible solution to cable management for Elecraft K3/K3s transceivers. These boxes provide splitter/breakout/SO2R lockout functions and were easy to set-up -- then you can quit worrying about unreliable or hard-to-track connections. Two of the N6TV Y-Boxes were a great addition at the K5TR station.
K6CTA Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2017 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Great solution  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Solution for what, you might ask.....well, the Y-Box takes care of the maze of wires behind my K3 and accessories. It also is an easy way to power low current devices through its power distribution ports. Instead of having a bunch of y-adapters and cables running everywhere, I have one from the K3 to the Y-Box; everything else plugs into it. Plus, if you run SO2R it can be configured as a lockout among other things. A very useful accessory that makes life simple.