Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Yankee Contest Clipper Club YCCC 9-Circle Receive Array Help

Reviews Summary for Yankee Contest Clipper Club YCCC 9-Circle Receive Array
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$573.00USD
Description: Recieve-only array of nine elements with phasing control system.
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-yccc-9crcl

You can write your own review of the Yankee Contest Clipper Club YCCC 9-Circle Receive Array.

N8IL Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2017 09:42 Send this review to a friend
Best hamshack addition ever!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First let me say that this is not a turn-key kit. It requires cutting phasing lines to the correct length (use a good antenna analyzer with VNA features like the RigExpert AA-54), winding small receiving transformers, and soldering in tight spaces with a very small tip. I was lagging in my quest for 5BDXCC on 80 meters. I also wanted to work on 160M DXCC. Good or outstanding receiving antennas are REQUIRED on these bands. In 70 days, and in spite of the fact that the array sits at the foot of a 50 foot hill, I added 42 confirmations on 80, and 33 confirmations on 160 including Pitcarin. Surprisingly, the array also helped with power line noise on 17M. This is the single best improvement I've made to my shack since starting the hobby! I give it three thumbs up!

-Neil