Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Chameleon Antenna HF Modular Portable Antenna System (MPAS) Help

Reviews Summary for Chameleon Antenna HF Modular Portable Antenna System (MPAS)
Chameleon Antenna HF Modular Portable Antenna System (MPAS) Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $330.00
Description: The CHA MPAS is desgned to be the most versatile, high performance, and rugged portable/manpackable HF antenna available using the "Lego Block" aproach, as described by Survival Tech Nord. The core components of the antenna system are the CHA Hybrid-Micro portable base, 60' of wire, a 10'8" military style collapsible whip antenna and a clamp-style antenna mount. The broadband impedance matching network transformer of the CHA Hybrid Micro allows broadband antenna tuning. The antenna will operate from 1.8 - 54MHz (including 160m - 6m amateur bands)without any adjustment with a wide range antenna tuner.
More info: http://chameleonantenna.com/CHA%20MPAS/CHA%20MPAS.html

You can write your own review of the Chameleon Antenna HF Modular Portable Antenna System (MPAS).

K2EXE Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2017 10:47 Send this review to a friend
nice portable antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very impressed with this antenna I purchased it looking for a portable antenna. I added on the mil extension and the radial kit to my MPAS setup and have had good luck from 160m on up, I have not tried it on 6 or 10 m yet but it has performed well at my home qth on the other bands. I am looking forward to taking this out to try my hand at some SOTA activations in the near future. The assembly is quick and painless and with so many options and ways to use this antenna I will be busy testing the multitude of configuration options this antenna provides. I like the simplicity of the jaw clamp yet the rugged and durable support it provides for the antenna.

AK4YH Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2017 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Works great with the whip.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hello, I have tested the MPAS, mostly the Hybrid Micro with whip (see my YouTube channel) in various conditions, portable operations. It does work well, even down to 40m (CW), which for a 3.2m whip is pretty good. No problem tuning it on 80m, but I haven't tried making contacts on that band. Of course, you get much better results using the 60ft wire, but you can't beat the practicality. The antenna is up in three minutes flat. The Hybrid Micro is a bit heavy for hiking, especially if you also carry the JAW mount, but the construction is solid, well machined and nearly indestructible. You pay for what you get. The whip itself is nothing special. The 60ft wire is of good quality. Thumbs up in my book for the MPAS, my nine months of testing have not uncovered any weaknesses.

KG7FII Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2017 10:30 Send this review to a friend
Well-built portable antenna system  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a preliminary review of the Chameleon CHA-MPAS, which I purchased with the CHA military whip extension. Bad weather and a hectic work schedule have kept me from testing it. I will append my comments when I get a chance to use it.

I am impressed with the quality material and construction of the hybrid micro base, the military whip, and the jaw bracket antenna mount that comprise the MPAS system and the whip extension. All components feel solid. The segments of the whip antenna fit together well. The components are light, pack easily, and are simple and fast to set up. What is particularly helpful is that the online manual is written clearly, well illustrated, presents multiple options for setting up the components, and makes the set up easy.

W1WRA Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2017 06:14 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna system  Time owned: more than 12 months
The MPAS system is a great portable antenna system. Whether you deploy as a wire antenna or deploy the vertical mil whip this system is very versatile in the field.

I have also used the system for temporary stealth setups on apartment balcony. The flexibility this system offers cannot be understated. Build quality is excellent. Don't forget to read the manual for many deployment options.

KD4MCB Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2017 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality! Works Great!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm very satisfied with my Chameleon Antenna HF Modular Portable Antenna System (Cha MPAS)! Versatile and easy to use, whether using the Cha Mil Whip with the extention, or just the Cha Hybrid Micro with the 60' wire in its various configurations. Really quick set up and tear down. Great for “stealth” HF multi-band operations. If looking for an antenna to use for HF portable ops, I like this product and gave it a "5" because it works well for me even in severe winter weather we get here in Central New York.