Reviews Categories | QRP Accessories | QRPme Tuna Helper Help

Reviews Summary for QRPme Tuna Helper
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30.00
Description: T/R switch for QRP transmitters and receivers
More info: http://www.qrpme.com/?p=product&id=HLP

You can write your own review of the QRPme Tuna Helper.

WB0FDJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2017 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Nice accessory for QRP  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've built a Super tuna transmitter and the Sudden Storm receiver from QRPme. These two unit work very well and make a nice pair. You can even buy different band boards to run different bands. The only thing missing is T/R switching. So I bought this neat little kit.

Comes with a professional looking board and the parts contained in a sealed tuna tin. There were no missing parts. The build was fairly easy and the unit works as advertised. The antenna connects to the helper, then runs to Xmtr and Rcvr. A mute connection is available. Power it up with 12 V and you have sounds pretty much like full break in switching. It makes my little Super Tuna xmtr and Sudden Storm into a nice station. Obviously it can be used in other setups. I am looking forward to building other transmitters and this will help the operation.

Tip: between the three units I needed 3 separate RCA power connections. I bought some RCA male plugs that have a screw down connector on the opposite end, making wiring easy: all three are are connected to (in my case) a single female 5.5 x 2.1 barrel connector. This allows me to run it all off my 4.5 Ah rechargeable battery. I use some short AV cables (RCA) to xmtr/rcvr. Doesn't look pretty but works very well.