Reviews Categories | QRP Accessories | Tactical Transceiver Radio Bag Help

Reviews Summary for Tactical Transceiver Radio Bag
Tactical Transceiver Radio Bag Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $182.00
Description: Transceiver case suitable for QRP Radios including the Yaesu FT-817
More info: http://www.amp-3.net/shop-amature-radio/tactical-transceiver-radio-bag

You can write your own review of the Tactical Transceiver Radio Bag.

M0VOX Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2017 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product for Portable Use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the Tactical Transceiver Radio Bag from AMP-3 about 4 months ago (December 2016). The quality of the finish is superb, and the Yaesu FT-817 fits inside perfectly.

The velco stand provides ideal positioning of the radio for portable operation, and there is ample room for other accessories.

I use a 13000mAH gel cell for external power, and this fits snuggly in the bottom of the bag. There is a hole on the side which is ideal to run cables or connectors though; I have used this to mount an SO239 on a plate which is a convenient way to connect antennas, including small verticals such as the Wonder Wand or Miracle Whip.

The footprint of the bag is perfect for a 10w solar panel, so I have mounted one under the Velcro stand which can be quickly deployed to trickle charge the battery.

I looked for a long time to find a bag that would satisfy all my portable/QRP requirements, and this does everything I need. I can just grab one bag which contains my entire portable QRP station.