Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | W2LI QRP Magnetic Loop Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for W2LI QRP Magnetic Loop Antenna
W2LI QRP Magnetic Loop Antenna Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$165
Description: The W2LI Magloop is an affordable, QRP antenna system
designed for quick deployment, portable use, HOA/apartment
dwellers, and excellent RX characteristics. It is compact,
easily fitting into a backpack, and gives continuous
transmitting coverage from 7 MHz through 14.350 MHz,
covering 3 of the most popular ham bands. Magloop antennas
are known for their relative efficiency when compared to
their physical size, and are known for being "quiet" on
receive compared to many other antennas, especially dipoles
and verticals.
More info: http://www.w2li.org/magloop

You can write your own review of the W2LI QRP Magnetic Loop Antenna.

AC8UO Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2017 00:23 Send this review to a friend
Quality Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live in a condo community with horrible HOA restrictions. This antenna enables me to stay in the hobby. I put it on my deck every night to keep "stealthy". The HOA is none the wiser. This is an excellent product.

WJ1R Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2017 18:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very well built mag loop that actually exceeds its advertised specifications. In addition to working on 40, 30 and 20 meters, as advertised by its maker, W2LI, the Tri-County Radio Association, it also tunes on 17 meters. The 6:1 vernier drive makes tuning easy with my KX3 by first adjusting the capacitor to maximizie receiver noise and then transmitting a low power cw tone to "fine" tune to a low SWR. I have been able to adjust SWR across the entire 40, 30. 20 and 17 meter bands to 1.5 or lower and have made DX contacts on all those bands running 5 to 10 watts.

N2LRB Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2017 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Works Well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this QRP Loop with the hope that it will work in my New York City apartment. The loop did not disappoint. I was able to make a contact on 40 meters on my first attempt. The loop was easy to tune, by sound and via a panadapter (Flex 6300 using SmartSDR). The box which holds the capacitor is sturdy and the 6:1 reduction smoothly turns. I like that I can set it up or break it down quickly and stow it away when not in use.