Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | BUX CommCo Lil * Help

Reviews Summary for BUX CommCo Lil *
BUX CommCo   Lil  * Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$25.00
Description: PSK31 Interface Kit from Buxcomm. Low cost!
More info: http://www.packetradio.com/psk.htm

You can write your own review of the BUX CommCo Lil *.

N5PVL Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2004 00:06 Send this review to a friend
Works for me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I put together one of the kits, and the unit worked fine for less than 30 "Bux".

Other hams I know have had good luck with Rascals too, so that's the unit I recommend when hams ask about a soundcard interface.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

KG6IRW Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2002 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Simple, flexible interface  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've got two of them for less than the price of a Rigblaster - and they were kits, too, which adds to the fun-factor for me.

The design is basic and simple - optoisolator on the PTT line and transformers in the audio lines to reduce the ground loop problems between the rig and computer. The kit took about an hour to build, including reading all the directions. The box is small and can be velcroed to the back of the rig, if needed.

There's plenty of online documentation so it was really simple to hook up to both my Icom IC-706MkIIG and the Yaesu FT-817. Now, I'll be adding one for the Elecraft K2, which is easy since I'll only need to change the plug. Be aware, though, that you should be comfortable with RS-232 signal level interfacing and have a voltmeter if there's any question about exactly how to get the interface to work. Buck's web site references seemingly every radio ever made and which plug and wiring you should use to help you out. BTW, Buck also sells all those strange form-factor plugs that various radios use.

Thanks, Buck, for making digital interfacing fun and easy.

W9VX Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2002 23:28 Send this review to a friend
Rascal III Interface - Super!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the kit version of the Rascal-III for my FT-847. I was a breeze to assemble and works great for PSK31, SSTV and Packet. The cables make it a "plug and play" unit.

W9JCM Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2001 19:57 Send this review to a friend
Rascal GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This thing beats a rigblaster anyday hands down. And the price is better to. Had it built and tested for 49 dollars. My Ts-2000 is purring like a kitten.

N3HKN Rating: 4/5 Feb 11, 2001 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Lo-Cost PSK Intf.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just completed the construction of the Buxcomm $25.00 PSK31 interface for my FT-847. Typical two transformer with opto-isolator. Uses RS-232 as power source. It does the job. Had homemade unit and plagued by RF. Not so with this unit. Buxcomm makes a layout for almost any radio you can think of. Have to see their web site for all the diagrams. Of course, the interface will work for any sound card DSP function - RTTY, stream, and packet worked as well. Not a 5 since you have to nibble away two notches in the small PC board to allow it to fit within the case.