Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Chameleon CHA DIY MAGNETIC LOOP STARTER KIT Help

Reviews Summary for Chameleon CHA DIY MAGNETIC LOOP STARTER KIT
Chameleon CHA DIY MAGNETIC LOOP STARTER KIT Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: 1 X PRE-ASSEMBLED CAPACITOR
TWO WIRES PRE-SOLDERED WITH TERMINALS
CAPACITOR INSTALLED ON A PRE-DRILLED MOUNTING PLATE
KNOB INSTALLED
1 X 12' LMR-400 4 X SILVER PLATED PL-259 2 X SO-239

Those capacitors are the same that are used in the CHA F-
LOOP and the CHA P-LOOP from Chameleon Antenn
More info: http://chameleonantenna.com/ACCESSORIES/ACCESSORIES.html

You can write your own review of the Chameleon CHA DIY MAGNETIC LOOP STARTER KIT.

OH8STN Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2017 22:48 Send this review to a friend
Great way to get started in Magnetic Loop building  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
To be honest, I had only built one loop for 6 meters band, before starting with this kit. It was stressful to find and order the components from the many online sellers, and I really didn't want to repeat that experience.

The magnetic loop starter kit comes pre-wired, mounted on a backing plate, with 6:1 speed reducer, knob, connectors, SO239s, radiator, ... All I had to do was decide what bands it should cover, how many turns, add a case, mast, assemble my coupling loop, and do some soldering. This was a completely "zero stress" project since I was able to get the key components of the build in one kit from Chameleon.
As a QRP field operator, I decided on a man portable 2-turn double loop for 80, 60, & 40M which turned out very well.
The capacitor, wires, connectors, cable, ... were all top quality. Researching the prices and shipping costs of all the components purchased through ebay individually, showed a savings of about 40 buck USD (without the stress).
My only regret was my choice of case for the capacitor which I will replace in the near future.

As with all my projects, I documented the kit and my build on youtube.
"OH8STN DIY man portable magnetic loop antenna".
After the experience of building my own loop, I would certainly recommend this kit to my friends.

de oh8stn

VE3IPS Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2017 08:30 Send this review to a friend
A DIY kit with all the parts to build a Magnetic Loop Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Chameleon is offering the core components of their F and P loop antennas in an easy to buy package. Add your box and mounting ideas and save a few dollars and a chance to build and experiment with making your own loop antenna. The stuff is high quality and the capacitor gearing is silky smooth. I like to build stuff so having the chance to build my version of their commercial antenna allows me the satisfaction of saying "I built that".