Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | HyGain DCU-3 for Ham IV/V and T2X Help

Reviews Summary for HyGain DCU-3 for Ham IV/V and T2X
HyGain DCU-3 for Ham IV/V and T2X Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $449.95
Description: Programmable rotator controller for Ham IV/V and T2X
More info: http://www.hy-gain.com/Product.php?productid=DCU-3

You can write your own review of the HyGain DCU-3 for Ham IV/V and T2X.

K5DSQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2017 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the DCU-3 to replace my old manual HyGain controller and a MDS RC-1 that MFJ/HyGain said was beyond repair. This is a quality piece of equipment that I would have expected from HyGain pre MFJ days. It's very well built, easily connects up to my present Ham IV and interfaces with Ham Radio Deluxe. Nice work HyGain!

W5XD Rating: 4/5 Jul 21, 2017 08:39 Send this review to a friend
I like it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The USB control worked first time. I decided to use the RS-232 port instead. Didn't work. Turns out there is an internal jumper with "U" and "R". Only USB or RS-232 works at a time and you have to find and change that jumper. If its in the manual, I couldn't find it.

K4TK Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2017 12:53 Send this review to a friend
great programmable controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
bought one of these about a month ago to replace my old analog control box for my Ham IV. Not only does it work flawlessly, but i also easily interfaced it with my DX4WIN logging program (use the DCU-1 setting in the software). So now when i see a DX spot....and click on that spot in my logging software, simply hitting F11 on my laptop has the rotator "automatically" go to the bearing listed in the logging program (which is based on my lat/long). How cool is that? Or, you can set 6 different presets....as well as turn a knob and dial in what bearing you want. Getting the brake and coast down settings was fairly easy. The hardest part of the whole setup was making the termination on the cable. My old connection was just a terminal strip with 8 lugs. The new connection was an 8 pin connection. Hadn't soldered anything in a while....and given the tight space of the connector shell....my old eyes.....etc....just made for a mild bit of a struggle. Not too bad, but as I say, the was the "hardest" part. Everything else was EXTREMELY painless. Even set up a virtual serial port on my new laptop on one of the USB ports...and that too was a breeze.

I give the DCU-3 a big thumbs up in my shack....it was the last piece of modern equipment I've added in the last year to bring my shack "up to date"