Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Vectronics VC300DLP Help

Reviews Summary for Vectronics VC300DLP
Vectronics VC300DLP Reviews: 22 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $159.95
Description: "T" Antenna tuner with dual movement SWR meter and dummy load.
More info: http://www.vectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Vectronics VC300DLP.

M0WEM Rating: 4/5 Mar 26, 2014 23:01 Send this review to a friend
good All Rounder  Time owned: months
No qualms with plate and load, grew up with valves in the '40's.

Bought second-hand in exc. condition., can't understand why other reviewers are giving it a slating...........

Does what it says on the tin and good selection of AERIAL outputs, and lots of knobs and switches to turn and press (sadly doesn't make coffee).

Tuning caps are a bit sharp but no real problem.

MY ONLY GRIPE is that some cretin had put a 50 ohm wirewound resistor in as the Dummy Load, thus defeating the whole object of non-inductive.

My FT101ZD runs into this tuner then on to the FL2100Z LoudHailer.

Time and patience are a virtue with these older models, if you do not have either or both, then it's not for you...Take up Knitting, instead.

cheers, 73.

N7TML Rating: 3/5 Jan 25, 2011 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Quit After 7 Years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Has been an OK tuner with verticals and inverted V's. It's alwasy been a bit touchy but worked OK for 7 years. This afternoon my SWR was all over the place and would not hold when not adjusting tuner. Put antenna analyzer on and could see unstable SWR and it which jumped all over the place when I tapped the tuner with my finger. I'll open it up tomorrow and see what's wrong and if a replacement part is cheap enough will fix it. If not I'll have to cut my Inverted V to the lower end of 40 and save for a remote tuner.

OK1IN Rating: 3/5 Oct 3, 2010 05:11 Send this review to a friend
Good, but...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I buy this tuner few Years back on Ebay. In my home QTH worked good, but antenas is in good conditions...
On Our last Hambike SOTA expedition in summer 2010 (OL8CX) start problems. We are use little poor antenas and one evening with 100W power tuner burn out. More precisely, burn out 12 pole multiswitch (selector).
Be carefully to use higher power on to bad antenas with this tuner!!!

K5RIX Rating: 4/5 Oct 7, 2009 02:33 Send this review to a friend
It has always worked for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
My VC300DLP was made in Piqua, Ohio; I have had it for 19+ years. The only problem I've had with it is the meter needed replacement after years of bashing about. By that time I needed to order the part from MFJ. I installed the new meter and everything is great.

It's a T-tuner, and operated within its limits, it works fine. At least mine does.

I just now removed the cover to see how things are inside. Everything is fine.

My unit is reliable and fine to operate. 73

KD5PIV Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2009 17:07 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not sure how you write a review from a broken piece of equipment that someone gave you,as another reviewer did, but this tuner works great for me. I have used it daily for 10 years and had NO problems.

K7SU Rating: 0/5 Apr 26, 2009 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Really BAD!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This thing does not deserve the raw materials it took to make it. It was given to me by a friend who had nothing but trouble with it. When I got it I had to cut out a chunk of the mounting bracket for the coil to keep it from arcing. Even after the repair it won't tune anything. I use it inline for the cross-needle SWR/Power meter is all but it's worthless as a tuner. If you buy this you will be wasting your money! Stay away from it!

PD5L Rating: 1/5 Dec 16, 2008 12:36 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Looks nice, but it's junk.

Save your money buy something else.

73' Edwin PD5L

W7NVQ Rating: 0/5 Jan 18, 2008 10:34 Send this review to a friend
It's Junk!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This one goes beyond belief. The thing burned up on less than 20 watts of power on 80M into a G5RV antenna in less than a week. Called the factory and they took care of the repairs in a timely manner after paying the cost of shipping it back to Mississippi. The unit came back and was used on a loop antenna. It burned up again withing a few a weeks on low power on 80M. Called AES where I purchased it to see if they would give me any back up. Of course not...Bye AES...and MFJ...
I will now follow the actions of one of the other reviewers and enjoy smashing it with a hammer.
Oh, and one other thing...RESONANT ANTENNAS RULE!!

W7NVQ

IW1DFU Rating: 1/5 Jun 29, 2007 03:52 Send this review to a friend
Wasted money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've bought an used one and after few time I've dicided to sell it. You'll not be able to tune everythings as other ATU. It's nice to look but really not good to try to tune a random wire or somethings similar...
It has a lot of function (3 ant in, bypass, dummy load...) but wont tune what ever you need.

N3ATS Rating: 1/5 Jun 23, 2007 17:37 Send this review to a friend
FIRE!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used it today during Field Day. I was running 50 watts on PSK when the SWR started jumping around wildly and fluctuating.

I tried to retune my antenna, and noticed I couldn't get the SWR anywhere close to where it was, (flat). No matter where I set the inductor or the vari-caps, nothing improved my match.

Then I noticed smoke coming out of the tuner.

Long story short? I lifted the lid to see where the smoke was coming from... The switch for the inductor lit off.

See the pic... TOAST!