Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden BC125AT Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden BC125AT
Uniden BC125AT Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Portable Compact Handheld Scanner
More info: http://https://www.uniden.com/radio-scanners

You can write your own review of the Uniden BC125AT.

W9DAZ Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2017 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Best Analog Scanner Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I rarely think a product is worthy of five stars. But if any product is, it's this one.
I own a couple of good analog scanners, including a Pro-97 and a Pro-164. But I wanted a small, light, easy to use scanner for air shows, car races, and the like. I went looking and found the newly-introduced (at that time) BC125AT. It did everything that I wanted (including military air, which was a must) and the price was right (I paid less that $100.00 for a factory refurb).
The radio has been outstanding. I soon found myself leaving my other scanners at home and taking this one along. I took the Pro-164 out of my patrol car and the 125AT rode around in there for 4 years before I retired. It's now mounted in my personal car, beside the Home Patrol. The HP does digital, the 125 does analog. I like it because it's so east to switch from Air to Railroad to Marine or whatever I feel like listening to.
If this thing has one flaw it's the battery life, and the fact that it doesn't charge the batteries if it's plugged in and turned on (it only charges them while turned off). But that's a minor thing. I've learned to keep extra rechargeable batteries with me.
Otherwise, this excellent radio has been an outstanding value.
If you only need an analog, non-trunking scanner, it's hard to beat this one.