Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Yeasu SP-20 Help

Reviews Summary for Yeasu SP-20
Yeasu SP-20 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The Yaesu SP-20 speaker is designed to match the Yaesu
FTdx1200 & Yeasu FTDX 3000 series of radios.

You can write your own review of the Yeasu SP-20.

N3CS Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2017 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was apprehensive to spend so much, but liked the idea of a matching speaker for my well-loved FTdx3000. Other reviews said the sound was very good, so it made a good gift (for the cheapskate, me).

It matches the transceiver design perfectly and the sound quality is indeed quite good at loud and softer volumes. What else can one say (other than it ought to be priced much lower).

ON3RE Rating: 4/5 Jun 23, 2017 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tested 2 speakers with the same price.
The Icom SP38 and the Yaesu SP20.
The Yaesu SP20 is without a doubt much better !
The Icom sounds thin (small speaker)

I think this speaker is very good.

G4MJA Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2017 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned & used this speaker for three months. I have not needed to drill holes in the back or install felt padding inside as I have had to do with previous manufacturers accessory speakers.I was so disappointed with other speakers I spent most of my radio time wearing phones. Since buying this speaker I have not worn phones once. I would describe the audio as very balanced, very smooth & easy to listen to over long periods of time. The all metal cabinet (with the usual plastic front) is the same length & height as the two radios it was designed for. It comes ,of course, with a connecting cable, with gold plated plugs. Overall this is undoubtedly the best speaker I have owned & believe me I have had many. Highly recommended.