Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Ameritron ALS-606 Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritron ALS-606
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1,995-2,399
Description: HF/6M 600 watt FET No Tune Amplifier
More info: http://www.ameritron.com

You can write your own review of the Ameritron ALS-606 .

AA9NN Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2017 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Nice Amp.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have serial number 4! and so far so good, I have been using on 40M SSB and CW and while its a NoN qsk Linear its working well on CW. Hitting it with 75Watts will get you 620 watts out, and it seems all within its limits. I use a 7300 and it will auto band switch, its pretty much a turn on and go amp. I replaced an acom 1000 which is a great amp but wanted Solid state and instant on. The acom version is beautiful but its $800 more. Ameritron has been building the 600 and 1306 for awhile and as long as the QC is good the amps are good! the ALS-606S is looking like a winner!

KC4BW Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2017 06:14 Send this review to a friend
Very nice amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found one of these amplifiers at R&L Electronics and bought S/N 0003. As far as I know this dealer is one of the first to receive this new offering from Ameritron. I can't complain about how it works. It operates as advertized. It has 600 watts PEP output with 40 to 65 watts of drive. The unit cosmetically looks like the ALS-1306, it just has half the number of FET's.
I bought it mainly for 6M since I did not have an amplifier for that band. I have used it on 6, 17, 20, and 40M so far with no issues.
Good all-around amp.