Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Wireman W2DU 1:1 JMP Balun Help

Reviews Summary for Wireman W2DU 1:1 JMP Balun
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: Aids in keeping RF off of feed-lines..... PL259/SO239 CQ
1:1 W2DU current type 3 foot jumper combination for use
between transceiver or amplifier and isolated tuner. 1 -
30 MHz @ 1:1 SWR
More info: http://https://thewireman.com/baluns.html

You can write your own review of the Wireman W2DU 1:1 JMP Balun.

N0AH Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2017 10:30 Send this review to a friend
30M Dipole RFI cured!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was at the 2017 Dayton Hamvention looking at RF chokes when another ham overheard why I needed them and told me about this product. Wireman crew set me up and when I got home, I put it on my 30M dipole on my roof top tower which has been an RFI pain. It cured it- no more distortions on my computer or TV screens when transmitting on 30M. Really an amazing and well built unit. If RFI is a suspected issue with your antenna's feed-line, this might be a great choice to cure it- I ordered a second one for feeding into my K9AY loop to keep the antenna from picking up ambient RFI in the area of it's feedline (which is buried but you can never do enough on RX antennas to keep them working at an optimum level) - - I have used chokes and clip on RFI beads for a long time on coax but this experience has proven to me they have figured out a better mousetrap for it- This is the 8233 unit with a PL259/SO239 connector. I don't see it on their list of baluns on the website but just ask them for the 8233 unit- This is a great choice for topband as it allows 1-30Mhz....some of their similar units have higher cut off frequencies so make sure you look at what you are ordering if using for 160M. I think this 8233 unit is just like their 8232 unit but has a SO239 vs a PL259 connector for feedline connection purposes-