Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | SDR Kits VNWA 3E Help

Reviews Summary for SDR Kits VNWA 3E
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $458 excl VAT and shipping
Description: Covering 1 kHz to 1.3 GHz and powered from a PC USB-bus, the VNWA3E (same as VNWA3) offers a dynamic range of 90dB up to 500 MHz and better than 50dB above 500 MHz.
Supporting the same functionality as its predecessors VNWA 3, the VNWA 3E additionally offers (via VNWA 3 Expansion board):
Simultaneous S11 and S21 measurements in one Sweep
Reduced Power consumption - DDS switched mode supply (USB powered like VNWA 3)
RJ11 socket to provide external VNWA control and VNWA power connectivity
Optional External VNWA 3 Clock connectivity
More info: http://sdr-kits.net/VNWA3_Description.html

You can write your own review of the SDR Kits VNWA 3E.

OZ1HFT Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2017 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Fine and pretty small box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used it for one day (owned it some weeks) and only had one small software problem. Somewhere I read I could add my call to the end of the license number. That did not work, so I had to use the license number as is.

I have done the SOLT calibrations (Short, Open, Load and Transmission) several times. So I am now acquainted with it.

As a first test I have made a dual band J-pole antenna made from common electrical wire, balsa wood and tape, that did not work. ( https://web.archive.org/web/20150920073620/http://www.users.on.net/~endsodds/jpole.htm ) When seeing VNWA S11 curves I could see both resonances lay 13% to low. After shortening the elements, the resonances fell pretty close to the band centers and I am now using the antenna indoor.

(Next tests are components, crystal and RF-filter testing via the VNWA Testboard)