Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Whistler TRX-2 Digital Scanner Radio Help

Reviews Summary for Whistler TRX-2 Digital Scanner Radio
Whistler TRX-2 Digital Scanner Radio Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $729.95
Description: The Whistler TRX-2 is multi-system adaptive digital
trunking scanners with Motorola P25 Phase I, X2-TDMA,
Phase II and DMR making it capable of monitoring the
following unencrypted channels/systems: Conventional DMR
(DMR trunked system, NXDN™, Hytera XPT, MotoTRBO™
Capacity Plus, MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus, and MotoTRBO™
Linked Cap Plus systems).

You can write your own review of the Whistler TRX-2 Digital Scanner Radio.

KU2C Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2018 06:57 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Scanner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the TRX-2 for over a year now and it has been a solid performer from day one. Early on I had questions and found their customer service excellent.
N6JPG Rating: 0/5 Feb 23, 2018 21:06 Send this review to a friend
Not Up to Par  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered one of these as I have one of the older RS 668's made by Whistler that receives really well and I liked the menu protocols on this over the Uniden. After receiving this scanner I programmed it and noticed that it was picking up very few transmissions from the nearest trunking system and those it did were very broken. I spent the better part of the afternoon relocating the antenna thinking this was the problem. No difference. About a half hour later, when I tried to restart the TRX-2, I received an error message telling me to contact Whistler service. Seriously? It didnt last an hour. I never had this problem with the Uniden 536. I plugged my old RS scanner into the antenna and the trunking system was coming in loud and clear; not the antenna.
Several threads indicated that this can be fixed by removing the faceplate,disconnecting the power, rebooting the card, etc. etc. Its not worth it. If I am going to pay almost $600 for a scanner, I expect it to work. This is ridiculous. Its going back to HRO tomorrow for a refund.
M0DOU Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2017 14:05 Send this review to a friend
Top receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently acquired one of these radios and it's amazing.

Sensitive receiver front end, punchy and clear audio and plenty of memory channels with decent length alpha tags (16 characters) to store your favourite channels.

The display is clear and easy to read and displays all the relevant information about the channel you are listening to (frequency, alpha tag, mode etc.)

The programming software is well thought out and intuitive and did not take long to get used to. The radio connects to a PC via a standard USB lead and the software automatically checks for application, firmware and DSP updates amongst other things.

Within a couple of hours I programmed all my favourite channels in and the concept of Scan Sets and Scan Lists make the receiver very versatile in that you can group your memories so that you can select certain groups of channels (for example ham traffic or aircraft) depending on your preference when listening.

In addition to analogue transmissions (AM and FM modes) it also receives DMR and certain other digital modes. The reproduced audio quality of the digital signal is very good.

The radio is small enough to take out and in use in the car (additional DC power lead provided).

The radio came with plenty of accessories (power lead, mains adaptor, carry case for front panel, mobile bracket, USB lead and a detailed instruction booklet).

Highly recommended.

The only thing I could wish for is D-STAR and C4FM support!