Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond RH77CA Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond RH77CA
Diamond RH77CA Reviews: 36 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $24.99
Description: Dual-Band HT/Scanner Antenna (BNC)

Gain: 2.15dBi (430 MHz) Max Power: 50W (Watts) Impedance: 50 Ohm Length: 30 cm Weight: 40g Connector: BNC 1/4 wave length (144 MHz), 1/2 wave length (430 MHz) and finally Made in Japan.

More info: http://www.diamondantenna.net

You can write your own review of the Diamond RH77CA.

N6MED Rating: 3/5 Feb 25, 2014 09:26 Send this review to a friend
Suspicious gain figures  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In the old days, owned an RH-77B bought at the old Foothill College Ham Flea Market (Cupertino, CA). Worked well, as I recall.

But, re the specs for the RH77CA: hasn't anyone noticed the gain figure quoted: "Gain: 2.15dBi (430 MHz)" --- that's 2.15 dB >> isotropic << ?!?!?

WB6TNB Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2013 21:38 Send this review to a friend
It's everything everyone here says it is   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a major improvement on both 2 meters and 440. It is also an extraordinary scanner antenna. I first saw it on Radioreference.com forums, where everyone raved about it. I bought two then after being totally impressed I bought two more. Only one is being used for amateur radio. The rest are on scanners.

KI4GTJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2012 22:06 Send this review to a friend
Works GREAT !!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have own both RH77CA&SRH77CH and they both work great on D-STAR/Analog with the icom IC-80AD,ID-31A. Have placed the SRH77CH on the Back of a Kenwood TM-G707 and am able to get into some Analog repeaters from inside with 5w

RAINS Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2012 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna for a few years now. It works great. Improved signal strength on RX and TX. It's not an every day antenna that's for sure. But for events and situations when a short duck won't cut it this is great antenna. Great for scanning too!
It is a little heavy and sure it's long. Still it just works so darn well. Really it's a pain the butt to use on my vx-7r. It's better on larger radios.
One side note this is a 1/4 wave antenna on 2m. Ie it has a high radiation angle. At high elevation when trying to get into a near by repeater at much lower elevation I had problems. So at very high elevations 5k+ when trying to get down into a valley this antenna is not be the best choice. Then again this makes it terrific at reaching out of valleys to hit mountain top repeaters.
I did get into a repeater 130+ miles away with this antenna using only 5w. If your looking for a better rubber duck give this one a try!

K9TSU Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2012 07:08 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have this and the SRH77ca, which has an SMA on it. SIMPLY AMAZING! It's solid, rugged, and gets into repeater amaingly!

ADAM2 Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2011 22:10 Send this review to a friend
AMEN  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Significantly improved signal strength for both Rx and Tx than the stock rubber duck. Almost as good as my Slim Jim.

M6FBS Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2011 04:53 Send this review to a friend
A-MAZE-ING!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is the an amazing performer with my Yaesu FT60. My one complaint is that I could not find anywhere in the UK selling it and the cost with import duty and postage from the USA would have been over 60. Fortunately, my cousin brought me one over from Canada on his last visit. It has transformed my handheld beyond belief. Ham friends watch in awe as I hit repeaters 60 miles away that half of them can't even touch with their home QTH set-ups. That said, the extra gain on 2m alone wouldn't be worth the hassle of 35cms of highly flexable whip on it's own but it is not on 2m where this antenna is most at home - it is on 70cms where it is a perfect half-wave where the gain is so impressive. On this band, the performance is nothing short of mind-blowing!I would not like to be without it!
Jonathan (M6FBS)

OLDWORLDER Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2011 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It blows the socks off of my Yaesu 250r's rubber duck. With it I can hit repeaters as far away as 50 to 60 ish miles.

AE2K Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2011 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Awesome antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this antenna for a few years. I always consult this site for product reviews and have purchased other items that have turned out to be right on the money. I am currently using this antenna on an Alinco DJ-596T dual band HT. I hit many repeaters that are over 30 miles away with 1 watt of power from the inside of my apartment.

KD8MSS Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2010 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow is it long, whippy and just about a pain in the behind. Then you fire up the HT and QSO and all that fades away. Talking thru a repeater with the HT as a mobile and made the transition to Pedsetrian Portable by unhooking the mag mount 3/8ths wave and installing the Diamond Whip. He could not tell any difference.

Is it long? Yes

Is it floppy? Yes

Is it worth working around the inconveniences of its size? Absolutely!