Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond RH77CA Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond RH77CA
Diamond RH77CA Reviews: 38 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $24.99
Description: Dual-Band HT/Scanner Antenna (BNC)

Gain: 2.15dBi (430 MHz) Max Power: 50W (Watts) Impedance: 50 Ohm Length: 30 cm Weight: 40g Connector: BNC 1/4 wave length (144 MHz), 1/2 wave length (430 MHz) and finally Made in Japan.

More info: http://www.diamondantenna.net

You can write your own review of the Diamond RH77CA.

AE2K Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2011 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Awesome antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this antenna for a few years. I always consult this site for product reviews and have purchased other items that have turned out to be right on the money. I am currently using this antenna on an Alinco DJ-596T dual band HT. I hit many repeaters that are over 30 miles away with 1 watt of power from the inside of my apartment.

KD8MSS Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2010 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow is it long, whippy and just about a pain in the behind. Then you fire up the HT and QSO and all that fades away. Talking thru a repeater with the HT as a mobile and made the transition to Pedsetrian Portable by unhooking the mag mount 3/8ths wave and installing the Diamond Whip. He could not tell any difference.

Is it long? Yes

Is it floppy? Yes

Is it worth working around the inconveniences of its size? Absolutely!

KD6ANF Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2009 13:08 Send this review to a friend
A MUST Have  Time owned: more than 12 months
This review is for a Diamond RH-77B which is an older version of the current RH-77CA. My RH-77B was first purchased in the early '90's from HRO in Oakland, CA and still to this day is the best dual-band portable antenna I've used. It is not normally attached to my FT-470 or FT-51R however it is always carried along just in case. Personally it is just too long at about 15 inches, (a real armpit poker), to have on the radio all the time. However, when it is attached both RX/TX signals improve dramatically over the stock antennas available for these two particular hand-held portable radios. I have consistently brought up a repeater in the hills of Santa Barbara, CA form the park next to the Point Vicente Lighthouse in Palos Verdes, CA, a distance of better than 90 miles. This antenna is a real performer!

Best regards

george potter KD6ANF

KC2ULM Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2009 07:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for Sats  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a Diamond 77 antenna (SMA version) I use for satellites in the backyard with a Yaesu FT-60 HT. For this setup I would recommend 40 degree pass or better on the birds.
Yesterday I had an 82 degree pass on the AO27, and made 5 QSOs! Not bad for a handheld with rubber ducky antenna in the backyard! It also works very well with the local repeaters.
Highly recommended replacement for the FT-60 stock antenna!

N6HPO Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2009 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, even on 220!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just recently bought a mint Alinco DJ-280 H/T. The stock antenna was tossed in the drawer-of-no-return immediately. Was looking on EHAM for a SRH320A Triband HT Antenna. Although I found one, I thought for a moment; I had an RH77CA on my R/S scanner, so I thought I'd try it on the 220 H/T to gauge its performance.

Well, with 1 watt and the RH77CA installed, it hit a repeater 30 miles away...from inside my stuccoed garage.

With that kind of performance from the antenna, I believe it's found a new home on my 220.

Alan

KI4HNN Rating: 3/5 Oct 17, 2008 07:47 Send this review to a friend
OK antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this antenna after reading the reviews to go with my FT60. It is a very nice antenna but I saw no improvement in reception over my stock FT60 antenna. Just slightly better improvements on UHF. Maybe my area but the stock works just as good as this antenna.

N3IDG Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2008 14:53 Send this review to a friend
worth its weight in gold  Time owned: more than 12 months
got mine second hand at a fest.use this primarly as a scanner ant, have used it for a talkie ant to extend my range to on my ht about 50 percent,i lttle long but worth it

KI6PDQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2008 22:08 Send this review to a friend
Really nice.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Really nice antenna, I use it with a magnet mount adapter with a cord but if I want I can also use it to replace my marine radio rubber duck, button line is........ it really improves reception a lot!

N2CLB Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2008 06:18 Send this review to a friend
top notch  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have 2 RH77CA's i use one for Fire and Rescue in the 154MHZ area and one for 2M ham, on the fire and rescue side it has filled in most of the "dead spots" when other units can't get out i just hand them my HT and say try this it works every time, on the ham side it has extended the rang of my ht to the point where i now have a shr77ca or a rh77ca on every ht i own.

Camden
N2CLB

VE2ZPS Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2007 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best Flexible Antenna !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using the Diamond RH77CA for over 12 years now mainly for scanners and most recently for my portable (TH-F6A).

What I often do with friends who owns scanners: I ask them to show me what kind of signals they're getting with their original rubber duck... and then I pull out my SRH77CA and tell them – Try this just for fun… the reaction is always the same .... WOW I WANT ONE !!!

Bottom line: I never leave home without my 2 Diamond RH77CA and when I see someone with an original rubber duck on a scanner I say to myself… "..poor guy he doesn't know what he's missing.."