Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | RF Systems T2FD Help

Reviews Summary for RF Systems T2FD
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $300
Description: 45' (15 meters) long folded terminated dipole with 3-35 MHz frequency
coverage. For receive only.
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0562.html

You can write your own review of the RF Systems T2FD.

KI4RHC Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2017 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Performance!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna used on eBay back in 1999. I don't know how old it was at the time, they had been in production for a number of years already. When I finally had a chance to set it up, I couldn't put it at the recommended 30 angle which is supposed to give omnidirectional performance it ended up being no more than 15 or possibly even 10 angle.
Being that it was a rental house, I was reluctant to really set up an elaborate ground system so basically all I had was a 2 foot pipe banged into the ground with a Transi-Trap attached to the coax, and disconnected the receiver when I wasn 't using it. I was living in a suburb of Philadelphia at the time, quite a high density area actually. The receiver I had back then was a Drake R7 with a Sherwood SE-3 synchronous detector.

I was completely amazed at the reception I was getting with absolutely no RFI. Rather low powered regional HF stations from Africa and Asia were coming in very clearly with the antenna on both the 60 and 90 m bands. Kind of weak but still very listenable due to the signal-to-noise ratio.

Later I had moved to upstate Pennsylvania near the Lake Erie region, and the antenna spent three years in very harsh cold snowy and icy conditions. I was getting the same performance (the angle was the recommended 30) and the wire antenna held up very well during that time. Eventually I moved to Florida and had a very limited space in my yard, so I sold the T2FD because I couldn't use it anymore. No antenna I used since matched the performance of the T2FD, mainly how noise free it was.

Since I'm planning on buying another house with a much larger yard in a few years, I looked around to see if I could find another. The company's offices in Holland were destroyed by a fire a number of years ago, and production of all of their products has ceased. Luckily, thiecom.de still has a few remaining RF Systems products in supply (as of this writing) and I was able to purchase this antenna again. I've used several of RF Systems products and everyone has been first rate.