Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | MFJ-229 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-229
MFJ-229 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $209.95
Description: - The MFJ-229 Antenna SWR Analyzer covers 270 to 480 MHz. You can select any desired frequency range for tuning.
- Two line high contrast LCD has 32 huge 1/4 inch characters.
- Logarithmic SWR bargraph for precision tuning.
- 10 AA batteries or 110 VAC adapter (Not included)
- Read SWR; test and tune stubs and coax lines; determine velocity factor; impedances and estimate losses of transmission lines.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-229

You can write your own review of the MFJ-229.

W6KKO Rating: 4/5 Jun 29, 2017 12:09 Send this review to a friend
It works, but...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only used it in the amateur band range. It is quick and easy to use with only one knob. Well, you do have to press the power switch.

Unfortunately one day there was some rattling. After disassembly, I found two loose screws and reset them. One other screw was missing entirely from the display. I secured all other screws and put it back together.

I am not a fan of the 10 AA batteries inside and I use this away from AC. I sourced a plastic AA battery holder and filled it with 10 Eneloops. A wire adapter from the battery holder to the DC port carries the power. I need to just find a case with a pouch to hold the analyzer and battery pack. I use that battery pack with another analyzer and other gear to fit my needs. 10 is good versus the cost of 30 batteries just mostly sitting inside waiting.

I purchased this used for $100 shipped. It is worth it to me at that price but not more.