Reviews Categories | Receive Accessories | Heathkit SBA series VHF converters Help

Reviews Summary for Heathkit SBA series VHF converters
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Heathkit SBA-300-3 for 6M
Heathkit SBA-300-4 for 2M

You can write your own review of the Heathkit SBA series VHF converters.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2017 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Still work FB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been on a Heathkit binge recently (no idea why). I bought a nice SB-301 and was pretty darned surprised just how well it worked. Even the Collins style tuning mechanism. ugh.
I belong to the Heathkit Yahoo Group and read about the SBA 6&2 Meter converters that mount to the rear of the radio. Couldn't find much info except the Group said the 6M converter worked pretty good.
Wouldn't you know, I just found an SB-300 with both converters, as a "parts" radio.
The radio was actually in excellent condition and had some wrong/missing tubes in it. One converter was missing a tube.
Just today, I transferred the SBA converters to the 301 and checked them out with my Marconi SG. They work perfectly. The assembly of both was top notch.
BTW, I have a LOT of other VHF equipment and this kinda gets me closer to my goals.
Now, where's that mint Clegg??????

ron