Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Yaesu FT-70DR dual band digital HT Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-70DR dual band digital HT
Yaesu FT-70DR dual band digital HT Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $199.95
Description:

FT-70DR C4FM FDMA / FM 144/430 MHz Dual Band 5W Handheld Transceiver

The new FT-70DR is a compact and very attractively priced YAESU System Fusion transceiver providing both conventional analog FM operation and the advanced C4FM Digital mode. The FT-70DR provides up to 5W of reliable RF power, and its large Front Speaker delivers 700mW of Loud Audio Output. Because C4FM has better BER (Bit Error Rate) characteristics than other digital modulations, the user can expect exceptional audio quality. The new digital FT-70DR includes our unique Automatic Mode Select (AMS) function. AMS detects the operating mode of the received signal as C4FM digital or analog FM, and then automatically and instantly switches the receiver to the appropriate mode. Users do not need to manually change between modes. The multi-colored LED Mode-Indicator displayed on the front allows the operator to easily see what mode the FT-70DR is in at any given moment. LED Mode-Indicator clearly and visibly shows the transmit/ receive mode by changing its color so that the operating mode of the transceiver is easily recognized at a glance. One of the other distinguishing features of the FT-70DR is Digital Group Monitor (GM) with DG-ID (Digital Group Identification) and DP-ID (Digital Personal Identification) now included in the FT-70DR, to simplify the GM operation. Simply put, the transceivers selecting the same DG-ID or DP-ID can communicate with each other. Between 00 and 99 DG-ID and DP-ID are selectable which provides loads of flexibility so that users can enjoy group communication with friends in GM mode in accordance to their individual operational needs.
More info: http://HTTPS://www.yaesu.com

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-70DR dual band digital HT.

AK2U Rating: 4/5 Oct 27, 2017 18:21 Send this review to a friend
NIce with C4FM  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice little dual band HT with C4FM. A far cry from my ICO2AT. Fairly easy to program manually, and loading and installing the ADMS10 programming software wasn't too much of a hassle. ON Analog FM good signal reports. Mic gain adjustment nice feature. The 1800mah battery doesn't seem to last too long with my mostly scanning and listening. One has to manage battery usage and carry a spare charged battery or two if out in the field. The optional quick charger provides a quick charge (3Hrs), however requires the HT and battery to charge. IT would have been nice if you could charge just a battery. Have been listening to a few of local C4FM repeaters, more comments later on the digital. The firmware update, looks like quite a hassle, with disclaimer and use at your own risk warnings in the instructions. After reading through the lengthy procedure for the firmware upgrade, and the warnings, etc., I decided to hold off on that for the time being. All in all nice little HT at a reasonable price.

SE6M Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2017 08:52 Send this review to a friend
First impressions  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First week of the new FT-70DE transceiver. It seems to be a solid radio with good sound quality, both transceivered and received. I have just tried FM modulation than, because I have not been able to try the digital mode so far.
To program the memories, it was very easy with the Yaesu software ADMS-10 available on Yaeus's website. Nice feature to download / upload contence to the radio from my computer.
I have only recharged the battery once yet, but the low battery symbole starts to light very quickly after some experiments and QSO, but I think charging needs to be done a few times before capacity begins to reach normal levels.
I will come back with a deeper review later, but the first reflections of this new transceiver meet with the expectations I've had.

DL1ESZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2017 00:37 Send this review to a friend
Fine Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Basic Radio for C4FM and FM. No DX Key.For use with DTMF Commands on Wires X and FCS and YSF, best for Hotspot use and FCS Repeaters. Works well with DV4Mini, DVMega and OpenSpot. Fine Audio "Mic Gain" Adjustable and nice haptic. Accu hold Long (unfortunally the batsymbol comes with half full early but hold Long).
Easy to Setup and fine programming software included cable. 10,7 Volt /2amp extenal supply makes it for Long Duration TX not so hot. Charge and works the same time. Standart equipment mikes,headsets (4pin 3,5mm Plug as standart Yaesu similar to FT50,60 e.g) works fine. Very sensitiv RX nice Sound and good Modulation on FM and Fusion.

KC2FYA Rating: 4/5 Sep 30, 2017 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Better than the 65  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this radio to replace my FT-65 and I am pleased with my choice. The radio is way easier to program by hand. The fact that it comes with Basic "Fusion" was a plus. The radio has a nice feel and fits well in my hand.

The audio quality is much better than the 65. I like the Mic Gain setting 1-9 as well. It sounds great on the local repeaters and simplex.

I wish it would pick up the FM Broadcast band, but oh well. This rig is solid with the IP-54 rating, it is not submersible. The display is easier to read too.

W9APX Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2017 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Fusion radio for a decent price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The FT-70d is a really good radio for those Hams wanting a Yaesu System Fusion HT at a decent price. Want APRS and GPS, this HT isnt for you (youd want to go with the FT-2D). But if you want a basic Fusion HT for $200, this is it. It is a solidly-constructed radio, and, like the FT-60, is extremely easy to program right from the keypad. The radio will detect the type of incoming signal on a channel and automatically switch to that mode for TX, just like the FT-1D and FT-2D.

I worked an Amateur FM voice satellite with this radio and a dual-band hand-held yagi antenna.

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2017 03:21 Send this review to a friend
Great HT so far !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got this HT this month in Aug 2017 yesterday my ripid changer came in still need get others !

Anyway not bad little HT atfer my VX8R died diplay stop working ! So this is my replacement !

Still more test to do and will update later on and come let you know ! how well this this HT do !!!

Jackie
N4MJG

N4BBN Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2017 18:52 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Baofeng just to have an HT. I've had the Yaesu for one day, and there's no comparison. First off, the Yaesu is solid. The side buttons are ergonomically positioned so the unit sits well in the hand. Audio quality is superior. Buttons are easy to find and laid out well. Basic programming is almost too simple. I haven't explored the different memory banks yet. There appear to be no problems with intermod. The unit is fusion digital, and will switch modes automatically. Our local club just purchased a Yaesu digital repeater, so I have no report as yet with regard to digital quality. Overall, the unit seems to be quality in terms of build, design and performance, and the price is right for a dual band digital unit. I give the radio a 5. Nice job, Yaesu!

K7AAT Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2017 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Just what is needed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only had this new HT for 18 hours but already have determined that it meets or exceeds my expectations for a replacement for my venerable FT-60R. This unit has the simple programming of the FT-60R and has the C4FM digital capabilities I wanted, all without the complexity and un-needed features found in the FT1XDR. Only a few hours of playing and learning this radio but I have found nothing to sway me from this review ... so far...