Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Winlog32 Help

Reviews Summary for Winlog32
Winlog32 Reviews: 59 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: Full featured logging program for Windows

You can write your own review of the Winlog32.

W6QT Rating: 3/5 Sep 15, 2016 03:06 Send this review to a friend
What do you want for free  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Reviewed this software for a couple of days. It is probably designed for hams who need to have much more control over their contacts and how that information is used. Database is awkward. I'm going back to DXKeeper.
K0IVK Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2016 13:35 Send this review to a friend
I Chose Winlog 32 because of ease in manual entry  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a ham almost 60 years. I was originally very reluctant to switch from paper logs because I was afraid I would loose my log if I had a major PC failure. After I retired in 2008 I became much more active and saw I HAD to switch. I tried several logging programs but usually ran into problems manually entering data from my older paper logs. When I tried Winlog32, manual entry was a breeze. I have been using it for about 5 years and have nearly 8K entries. I still keep a paper log for everything but Digital modes, just because I have paper logs back to 1957 and don't want to stop now. I really appeciate the computer log ability to enter a call and see if and when I've worked that person. I would highly recommend Winlog32, Thanks Colin, good job.
G4AON Rating: 3/5 Oct 23, 2015 06:52 Send this review to a friend
Outdated  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Winlog32 for several years and quite liked it. However, when a friend was looking for an electronic log and struggled with Winlog32, I saw several issues with it that just weren't there with Log4OM.

There are some good points, like the ease of checking a prefix and the layout looks nice, but it shows it's age.

Integration to other programs isn't slick either.

So while it's been a useful program it's now been deleted from my PC and laptop.
S52CC Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2014 04:15 Send this review to a friend
Great program, excellnt support  Time owned: more than 12 months
After using Winlog32 for seven years I can only agree with all other favorable reviews. It's a great program that covers all my needs and more. A valuable add-on is Colin's fast and friendly support that certainly matches his software writing skills.
Vince, S52CC
G4OEC Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2014 05:37 Send this review to a friend
EASY TO USE  Time owned: more than 12 months
G3EJS Rating: 3/5 Sep 1, 2013 02:05 Send this review to a friend
Fair  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
At first I thought it was great, and was ready to register.

Fairly easy to use and make entries, better interface than many.

Then I tried to import from another log.
Every duplicate has to be individually rejected, and sure enough, it did still import a lot of duplicates.
Trying to delete the duplicates is a days work, you have to move to the entry, very slow, and delete one at a time, can't multiple select and delete the selected ones.
THEN it goes back to the end of the log, so once again you have to navigate slowly to the next duplicate.

If you export from eQSL, then import it, it doesn't detect any duplicates, even though call, date and time are the same.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, is so, I must retract the comment fairly easy to use!
G3VIR Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2013 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Very good logger  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been running this logger for nearly a year now. My first attempt at non manual logger. Although I found it a bit hard at first I am delighted with the data it saves. Colin is excellent with is backup service too. For the money must be one of the best on the market.
M0ZCM Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2013 11:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had used a couple of different programs until I came across Winlog 32.
The program does everything I need it to do and more besides. Colin is also incredibly helpful and I have no intention of using anything else
N5PHT Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2013 09:28 Send this review to a friend
UPDATE - excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Now after using Winlog for over 2000 qso I wanted to give an updated report. Still very, very excellent. I can't see using any different logging program. Some of the many features that I really enjoy:

* Real time uploads to Club Log and others.
* Excellent search capabilities - INCLUDING HOW MANY UNIQUE STATIONS IN YOUR LOG (I looked everywhere for that capability)
* Excellent options for personalizing to your taste
* LOTW integration is superb
* Ability to craft your own personal special searches and save them for use again (or to share)
* Automatically checks whatever database you desire (DXCC, WAZ, etc.)
* Excellent back up options

And the author is very reachable in email and a user group. G0CUZ, Colin is a very nice ham and should be very proud of this program.
DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2012 10:05 Send this review to a friend
The Program I've been looking for  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed it yesterday and have been entering my old DJ0MBC and DJ0RD new log books. I am a casual contester only so Winlog32 does all I want. Using the LOTW Manager I have successfully uploaded both logs to LOTW and on the LOTW merged both Calls for DXCC and WAS. A great program and Colin responds almost instantly if you have a question. A top program for this 72 year old. Vy 73, DJ0RD/WU5T