Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Winlog32 Help

Reviews Summary for Winlog32
Winlog32 Reviews: 56 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: Full featured logging program for Windows
More info: http://www.winlog32.co.uk

You can write your own review of the Winlog32.

S52CC Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2014 04:15 Send this review to a friend
Great program, excellnt support  Time owned: more than 12 months
After using Winlog32 for seven years I can only agree with all other favorable reviews. It's a great program that covers all my needs and more. A valuable add-on is Colin's fast and friendly support that certainly matches his software writing skills.
Vince, S52CC

G4OEC Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2014 05:37 Send this review to a friend
EASY TO USE  Time owned: more than 12 months
IVE BEEN USING WINLOG32 FOR 14 YEARS OVER 35K QSO
ENTERED AND NO PROBLEMS - I ALSO FOUND IT VERY EASY
TO SET UP TO MY REQUIREMENTS

G3EJS Rating: 3/5 Sep 1, 2013 02:05 Send this review to a friend
Fair  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
At first I thought it was great, and was ready to register.

Fairly easy to use and make entries, better interface than many.

Then I tried to import from another log.
Every duplicate has to be individually rejected, and sure enough, it did still import a lot of duplicates.
Trying to delete the duplicates is a days work, you have to move to the entry, very slow, and delete one at a time, can't multiple select and delete the selected ones.
THEN it goes back to the end of the log, so once again you have to navigate slowly to the next duplicate.

If you export from eQSL, then import it, it doesn't detect any duplicates, even though call, date and time are the same.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, is so, I must retract the comment fairly easy to use!

G3VIR Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2013 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Very good logger  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been running this logger for nearly a year now. My first attempt at non manual logger. Although I found it a bit hard at first I am delighted with the data it saves. Colin is excellent with is backup service too. For the money must be one of the best on the market.

M0ZCM Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2013 11:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had used a couple of different programs until I came across Winlog 32.
The program does everything I need it to do and more besides. Colin is also incredibly helpful and I have no intention of using anything else

N5PHT Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2013 09:28 Send this review to a friend
UPDATE - excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Now after using Winlog for over 2000 qso I wanted to give an updated report. Still very, very excellent. I can't see using any different logging program. Some of the many features that I really enjoy:

* Real time uploads to Club Log and others.
* Excellent search capabilities - INCLUDING HOW MANY UNIQUE STATIONS IN YOUR LOG (I looked everywhere for that capability)
* Excellent options for personalizing to your taste
* LOTW integration is superb
* Ability to craft your own personal special searches and save them for use again (or to share)
* Automatically checks whatever database you desire (DXCC, WAZ, etc.)
* Excellent back up options

And the author is very reachable in email and a user group. G0CUZ, Colin is a very nice ham and should be very proud of this program.

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2012 10:05 Send this review to a friend
The Program I've been looking for  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed it yesterday and have been entering my old DJ0MBC and DJ0RD new log books. I am a casual contester only so Winlog32 does all I want. Using the LOTW Manager I have successfully uploaded both logs to LOTW and on the LOTW merged both Calls for DXCC and WAS. A great program and Colin responds almost instantly if you have a question. A top program for this 72 year old. Vy 73, DJ0RD/WU5T

G3ZQH Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2011 13:04 Send this review to a friend
Designed for DXers- has everything you'll ever need  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I returned to the hobby after a decade away I looked at many logging programs. I liked Winlog because it was simple and easy to set up and it was a very straightforward process to add in about 1000 QSOs I needed to transfer from a paper log. It took me a while (a few years actually...) to realise that there are many hidden depths to it. I have used it for six years now and am a very satisfied user.
It has a no-fuss entry mode for the QSO basics- just enough for the essential details. There is a very smooth interface with the DX cluster including a clickable band map- and loads of extra information on each call at the click of a mouse. Winlog keeps track of your DXCCs and a host of other awards. The interfaces with LOTW and Clublog are easy to use and there are options for other links as well.
It links very nicely with Winkey for CW and the rig control works with a wide range of equipment. It even has a nice basic contest mode for those casual contest QSOs where you need to keep track of serial numbers and exchanges. There is a QSL database and a very neat way of printing labels or indeed whole QSL cards.
Winlog is at its best if you are interesting in DXing and DX awards. Colour coding tells you straight away if the DX is a new band or mode slot and if it is confirmed or not. The log search facilities are superb and fast, and there is even a nice year on year statistical summary of QSOs included.
I can't find much to fault in Winlog. It does everything I want and more. There are regular updates and an active forum where many user suggestions are taken up by the author and user problems are responded to very quickly. Winlog is free to use, but anyone who has used this software will have no hesitation in paying G0CUZ the small amount to become a fully registered user. All in all a great piece of software expertly designed for its purpose.

Dave G3ZQH

SM2LKW Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2011 19:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the Winlog32 for 3 years.
I find this software very nice and easy to use.
To day I could not do without it!
This sofware has all I could ask for, award tracking, rig control, DX cluster,
country maps, LOTW uploading, eQSL uploading, QSL printing, etc.
The support is outstanding.
Keep up the good work Colin!

OK1FIM Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2011 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Very good LOG  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am using the WL32 for abt 8 years and I am very satisfied.
There are every time fresh databases and autor Colin is communicative and willingly helps if you have some problem.
73 Vlasta