Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Winlog32 Help

Reviews Summary for Winlog32
Winlog32 Reviews: 56 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: Full featured logging program for Windows
More info: http://www.winlog32.co.uk

You can write your own review of the Winlog32.

K2CBI Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2011 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started using Winlog32 in 2002. While not always intuitive, I find it to be an excellent program.

In terms of stability, it essentially never crashes or brings down Windows.

In terms of functionality, it contains a tremendous amount in addition to logging. If you take the time to read the HELP, and enter your QSOs in the proper format, the program will track all kinds of awards for you.

Plus - rig control, DX cluster, rotor control, country maps, LOTW uploading, eQSL uploading, QSL card printing, etc., etc., as described in many other reviews.

The price is a bargain -$0.00! Of course, it's a good idea to donate something to the author if you like the program. However, that is not required. The program remains entirely functional even if you don't donate. No crippleware.

My only current suggestion for improvement is to offer a pdf file download of the entire HELP manual. Not easy to print this out from the program at present. My old brain retains things better if I read them on paper. I sometimes forget things I've read in the online HELP.

M0AZJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2011 04:12 Send this review to a friend
Great program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I find Winlog32 easy to use, support is great. I have had an answer to my problems in a very short time. On building a new database for my own requirements I encountered some problems all down to me I might add. With much assistance from Colin it is now up and working well.
Keep up the good work Colin
Graham M0AZJ

K4FX Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2011 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Still the best (and the simplest)  Time owned: more than 12 months
After ten pleasant years with Winlog32, I am on the verge of logging my 50 thousandth QSO in Winlog32. The next contest I run should put me over that hump. Colin has continued to improve this software on a regular basis. I would be lost without it. It takes my DXCC standing, alerts me when a new one comes along, and does it in a super friendly and simple way. I rarely say this, but this product is severely under priced!

Sometimes things can be made so easy they seem difficult, I have seen a couple of people who just can't seem to catch on how to enter a QSO with Winlog and they think it is the fault of the program. With the user group on Colin's website, that answer is only a message away, but I guess you have to make the effort to ask in order to be told.

All you have to do to enter a QSO is either keep pressing enter until the cursor moves through all the fields and hits the END button OR simply click the END button. If one takes the time to hover their mouse over the END button a label pops up that says "END QSO (SAVE TO DATABASE)"

I don't see how Colin could have made it any simpler. And judging by the majority of users who praise it here, I don't think I am alone.

K7DWO Rating: 1/5 Jun 16, 2011 11:37 Send this review to a friend
Not Intuitive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I downloaded this a couple of days ago. Download and installation went smoothly. Liked the format of the input screen. However, the software is not intuitive. After entering my first contact I cannot figure out how to clear the screen and enter new contacts. I can clear the screen but as soon as I start entering a new contact the old one pops back into the entry screens. There is nothing in the help about this.

N9BPE Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2011 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Great program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just started using Winlog32 and find it to be a great logging program. I have most of the features working but find nothing much about W.A.S logging. I don't even see a column listing the state! or a place to enter it. DXCC seems easy enough though .. I am sure it is simple once you get used to using it. 73 Carl (N9BPE)

K2WLO Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2011 06:49 Send this review to a friend
easy to use!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If anyone takes the time to look through all of these reviews they will see all fives and a few zeros. As far as WinLog32, it is easy to use and Colin ALWAYS answers the questions that I post (in the Forum on his site) within 24hrs. It is fun keeping track of WAS, DXCC, IOTA, and more! I like looking through the many data pages. Gives me a greater sense of accomplishment as I fill my log. I registered because the software was free and I figured he deserved something for his trouble. And I got a map feature having done so...

MM3XXW Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2010 13:08 Send this review to a friend
All you'll ever need ....  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used it for a few years now and as has been stated already it's all you'll really need in a logging programme.

Updates are regularly available and the author, Colin-G0CUZ, is really helpful if you get stuck. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Martyn-MM0XXW

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2010 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Wish I had tried it sooner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like DX4WIN a lot, but in some ways, I like Winlog better. The frequency readout and band spread map is a good addition. The activity graphs that you can produce for your station are neat as well. I'd say its a toss up, though DX4WIN has integrated RTTY and PSK31 and an occasional fee.

M3ZZA Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2010 05:55 Send this review to a friend
This good and "Free"- oh yes!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I downloaded it about an hour ago and slowly went throgh all the different menus. Had to reinstall it a couple of time due to "user error". After that away I went. Not ever used a contest logger software I was in awe. The databases are an added bonus with lots of information. It also updates automatically to my eQSL page (if you want it to). I also enjoy QRP so added another log easily. I'm off to find out what it can do. Bring on the next contest........Mike (UK)

OZ1GCT Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2010 00:00 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used winlog32 for many years - easy to setup and easy to use.
I have not being confused with the defination of the fields in the program, but many years work with programs have learned me - if anything else fails try to look in the manual. And here is what it says about user :USER

This field can be used for other 'user' interests or Name/QTH, also this field is used in conjunction with the ROVER mode (see), can be used also for smart checking of Locator; syntax same as in Remarks field.