Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | QRP Kits / Pacific Antenna 10W RF Amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for QRP Kits / Pacific Antenna 10W RF Amplifier
QRP Kits / Pacific Antenna 10W RF Amplifier Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$55
Description: QRP RF amplifier designed to provide up to 15 dB gain for
QRP signals on either 20, 30 or 40 meters.
More info: http://www.qrpkits.com/10wamp.html

You can write your own review of the QRP Kits / Pacific Antenna 10W RF Amplifier.

WB3BIQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2017 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Amp for QRPp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just finished building, setting the bias and testing this new little QRP Linear Amp for 40 Meters. So glad I found this-- just the ticket. I have the little 1-DER 40, single 3A5 tube regen receiver/transceiver rig from SmallWonderLabs which only puts out 150 mW. A real challenge as a QSO getter! Now, using this as the exciter to drive the amp, my OHR WM-2 wattmeter shows 7 watts output! Perfect. Now this little QRPp setup, together with the LED frequency meter added to it, should generate some real fun!

The build instructions are clear and straightforward. Several different sets of resistors are also included, which allow tiny QRP driver levels down to 100 mW. A very easy kit to build and set up.

The amp works great, has automatic transmit/ receive switching and may be built for the single band selected.

I also want to offer congrats to James at Pacific Antenna (Qrpkits.com) for his excellent and quick support in answering several questions I had. Kudos, as well to WA6PWW for designing this excellent kit. Highly recommend.

73's de Rick, W B 3 B I Q

W7YT Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2017 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Kit and service/support is excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the kit just a couple of days after ordering. Everything was included and the instructions are very good. Had two questions regarding construction and my emails were always very promptly answered by James with very good information. Kit works very well...I can supply it with 2 watts of power from my KX1 and it produces 10 watts of RF output. Does exactly what it says, and it was a fun build.