Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | eQSL Help

Reviews Summary for eQSL
eQSL Reviews: 226 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $Free - Donations accepted
Description: Electronic web-based QSL exchange service
More info: http://www.eqsl.cc

You can write your own review of the eQSL.

W4HH Rating: 0/5 May 28, 2017 18:44 Send this review to a friend
I quit eQSL  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm not the most active ham; I work mainly 40 CW QRP with no more that a half-dozen contacts a week. I signed up with eQSL, but, after a year, I quit.

Over half the eQSLs I receive are phony -- not in my log. I just checked my eQSL account and I have eQSLs for SSB contacts on 80, 40, 20, 15, 10, and 6 --I have not been on SSB for ten years and don't have a rig that's 6-meters capable.

I'm sticking with paper QSL cards sent via snail mail.

KA2DDX Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2016 11:33 Send this review to a friend
works well for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use eqsl every day - I set my HamRadioDeluxe software to generate an eqsl automatically everytime I save a qso in HRD - it's easy - then, a couple times a week I go to eqsl.cc and check my incoming against my HRD log - it's a heck of a lot easier than lotw - and cheaper than the huge postal increases going on around the world now - e.g. ARRL just raised their outgoing rates - been using it more than 10 years -

no complaints here -

WA0USA Rating: 4/5 Jun 17, 2016 19:29 Send this review to a friend
It works as well as the people that use it  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been an eQSL user for 5 years or so and have 3 attached accounts, 2 domestic and 1 DX. I have watched it respond slowly to the problem of multiple QTHs and call signs. I love to read the security trolls' rants. If you are the kind of person who sends a reply QSL without checking your log well then yes, there is a problem there. Why wouldn't you check an electronic log? It is only as good as the people that use it. Anyone remember Don Miller? It is free!! What do you want for free? Spend the $30.00 you should on 1000 QSL cards and get a Silver Membership. Take any picture you want, download it and make a one sided QSL card out of it. Slow customer service? It is free! Do you work for free? 90% of the connection issues aren't even their fault.I tried LoTW several times and never got it to work before my super secure certificate expired.Requested three of them and gave up. To me eQsl does what it is supposed to, for free! Can't get ARRL award credit with eQSL? Who cares. Get eQSL award credit. Same thing. It is a hobby.

N4WRE Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2015 12:52 Send this review to a friend
Really works well  Time owned: more than 12 months
How can you not like eQSL.I have actually gotten a confirmation just minutes after I signed.The best thing is it's FREE if you don't want to donate. It saves a bunch of postage and you can print out the cards if you like. Great service, Thanks for providing a great service to the ham community..

N8YA Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2015 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Love it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is SIMPLE and it WORKS!

If you get a bogus QSL... do NOT confirm it!
So there are NO problems with if you are honest!

AD0AR Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2015 12:26 Send this review to a friend
Just about any web surfing tablet or PC can be used!  Time owned: more than 12 months
From a universal point of view this program has many likeable characteristics, even if the interface is dated. It works on any platform, as long as one can surf the web, it should work! I can't say the same about LotW. I still can't get that to work, so I roll with EQSL & QRZ logs. Others have pointed out that they had some fake QSO's logged incoming to them. Guess what? You'll get that on any online logging system. That's why you need to verify in your logs, which I see any errors or bogus QSO's immediately upon logging in and something doesn't match up. I really like the capabilities of being able to edit a already logged QSO or send a error message to another user if they had bad data in their log confirming a QSO with you. I think the awards on their site are outrageously expensive, but then again I never saw one firsthand to comment on quality. I've been using EQSL for 3 years, works well, but just like LOTW, sometimes the website is unavailable. This outage usually doesn't last more than 5 minutes when it occurs, but can be annoying if working multiple QSO's and one likes to log in real time. In God we trust, all other we monitor, AD0AR

K4CMC Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2014 15:56 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using EQSL for about 12 years and used it for over 25,000 QSO's saving thousands of dollars in postage. I find the carping about the alleged lack of credibility of the EQSL system by supporters of the ARRL LotW program rather amusing. QSL verification's do not justify the same security as nuclear bomb secrets despite the allegations of the ARRL. LotW has always been an embarrassment to the ARRL due to its lame programming probably largely caused by this inordinate emphasis on security. When it first came out I tried to sign up several times with negative results as it was screwed up beyond all recognition. I recently got talked into trying it again by the ARRL section manager and did finally get it to work for my call sign, sort of. However, I have been completely unable to get my XYL's account to upload any QSO's after her initial signup. You should not have to be a computer programmer to use a logging QSL verification program. It looks like the ARRL used the same programmers as Obamacare used to set up their site.

WA4HBK Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2014 10:37 Send this review to a friend
Use it or not - your choice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Eqsl might not be your cup of tea but for someone who has boxes of QSL cards from various operations I can only say it has worked well for me. I get cards back to 1978 there and I can check each and every one since I have my logs. Those which are clearly bogus I reject, but I do research a day or so on each side to make certain there wasn't a typo. On my DX ops I always ask if they would like a paper QSL, some do some don't. But I would say simply if you don't' like it don't use it.

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2014 10:35 Send this review to a friend
GREAT   Time owned: more than 12 months
LOVE E QSL ...GOT WAS ,DXCC THROUGH THEM ...
COST A FORTUNE TO QSL ; THIS IS FREE ,EVEN UR QSL CARD !!!

K5WLY Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2014 10:08 Send this review to a friend
I like it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a long time computer geek and prefer doing things electronically whenever possible. Have used eQSL for a couple years and like it a lot. I am not in it for formal awards, but I am working on my WAS in PSK31 for my own satisfaction. I also use LOTW. My experience is over 80% return on eQSL from users who are "Authenticity Guaranteed". I have only rejected one QSO in all this time. I only get a return rate of 33% on LOTW. Kinda indicates what folks are using.