Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | eQSL Help

Reviews Summary for eQSL
eQSL Reviews: 219 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $Free - Donations accepted
Description: Electronic web-based QSL exchange service
More info: http://www.eqsl.cc

You can write your own review of the eQSL.

IZ8FFC Rating: 2/5 Jun 16, 2013 16:48 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT innovative IDEA but AWFUL GRAPHIC  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am OM since 2006, maybe a newbie but I have a little of experience on ham radio. I got several Transceiver and I had a lot of QSOs.
Always been on eham to read reviews but NEVER WROTE one...because i am lazy.

I'll do my first on Eqsl.cc
< from 1 to 10 >

The IDEA : 10.
The project : 2

IS IT POSSIBLE IN THE 2013 (repeat again , two thousand thirteen) to destroy a so beatiful and excellent idea: EQSL ? electronic QSL.

WHY? Awful, ugly, terrific, repulsive, offensive,
life-threatining GRAPHIC of :

- WEBISTE
- eQSL

I registred but now cancelled because i was waiting for several years a CHANGE in their graphics.

I was thinking: ok, it's the beginning, it's normal...but after 4 years... COME ON...

YOU HAVE TO RENOVATE!!
YOU GOT A LOT OF MONEY FROM SUBSCRIBER!!!!!
IT'S TIME TO HAVE A GOOD GRAPHIC, MAP, BEATIFUL E-QSL, NICE ANIMATIONS,

COME ON!!!!

WH7DX Rating: 4/5 Feb 10, 2013 16:42 Send this review to a friend
Enjoy using eQSL  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I enjoy using eQSL. It's very simple to use.

Create an account, create the QSL card. Upload your file and you're done.

Checkout the new QSLs that come in, with email notification if you want, and reject any that aren't accurate. I get a few bad QSLs because of my location but it's not a big deal.

I can usual tell who's bogus because I upload my logs regularly and if the reject option is there - it means I didn't already upload my QSLs and send them out.. I then check them with my log.

It takes about 10 seconds to upload your QSL file.

It's a simple alternative for many. It's free but I'd donate if you like it, I did. It's cheap. I always enjoy cards though.

I also use LOTW which is simple as well, once setup. Just a few more steps to put the CERT on the file.

I wasn't using anything for a while and a guy in CA mentioned that many are on tight budgets and everything just gets more expensive so that made me think - it was the POLITE thing to do.

WH7DX

W1XWX Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2013 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Works Just Fine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I really get a kick out of bad reviews that talk about bogus contacts-- like a postcard is actually SECURE. :) If the contact is bogus just delete (reject it).

When postage gets to be .60 cents each some of you might have a change of heart. This is the best way to send a QSL card. I also upload my log once per month to LOTW.

KA6OTJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2013 08:34 Send this review to a friend
No problems here  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using EQSL for yrs. with out any problems. It works as advertised. It interfaces with HRD and when I make a DX contact HRD automaticly sends out the eqsl and so when I receive a card in reply I know it is good. Ham Radio is a Hobby and not a religion! IF you don't like EQSL go elsware but for us who think sending GREEN STAMPS in the mail is silly this is a good alterative.

Ka6otj

VK5STU Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2013 00:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Value & Easy to Use  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using eQSL for a while now and recently got the AU status. I have not made a donation yet but will. In my opinion it is easy to use - in fact I get emailed when a new eQSL arrives and my logging program sends the QSL's automatically. Simple interface - not flash but easy to find your way around once you have used it a bit.

WA8MAX Rating: 0/5 Jan 28, 2013 12:24 Send this review to a friend
TRASH  Time owned: more than 12 months
I tried this E qsl thing for a yr-Guess what ? I got a BOGUS DX award most of the Qs thier are FAKE Nice right Stay away from this one if you
want integerty.

KJ7YY Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2013 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Works good for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an update to my previous review. I have been using Eqsl for about two years now and have no complaints. Only one bogus contact and that was an obvious mistake. I still have not figured out LOTW. Eqsl is fine for me.

W7NZ Rating: 1/5 Jan 28, 2013 04:59 Send this review to a friend
Not for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used it for a while using YB1/W7NZ callsign, but then discovered too many bogus contacts. At least every 2-3 days there were contacts that were not in my logbook. Not SWLs.

Very easy to get a bogus authenticated, they just made up a fake callsign and get it authenticated. I've seen it myself some local hams did it here.

QSL cards design looks cheap, even for a paid subscription. Only one sided QSL, can't do 2 sided.
Very limited design for putting the callsign, report boxes, messages, etc.

Discontinued and deleted the account with eqsl after a couple months.

Iwan - W7NZ / YB1/W7NZ / YE1NZ

N4KXO Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2013 06:55 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
EQSL is easy to use. It is very cost effective. Postage to send QSL's gets a little expensive for international mail. Lot's easier to use then LOTW. Eqsl also has WAS awards ETC.

K4EZD Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2013 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Since I use Ham Radio Deluxe for my logging I like that the eQSLs are sent out automatically and immediately when I log with no extra effort. At this point I have more confirmed eQSLs than the ones in LOTW. Hard to complain about this product no matter how you look at it!