Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Yaesu G450A Rotor Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu G450A Rotor
Yaesu G450A Rotor Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $299.95
Description: Our new entry-level rotator is perfect for small tribanders, or for VHF and UHF antennas. Its total rotation range is 360.
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=104&encProdID=9CD2145C24AE53C5A6C62D7D703A9F3C&DivisionID=65

You can write your own review of the Yaesu G450A Rotor.

W2JUV Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2017 07:11 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
This unit has been on my tower for just over 7 years and does the job in all types of weather. The repeat accuracy when rotating from east to west and back again is almost perfect.

K1PJR Rating: 4/5 Jul 31, 2017 18:08 Send this review to a friend
Very nice rotor.   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I saw a youtube video and the op changed the console connector to a terminal block. I did the same. I just drilled two holes to attach the block and put a grommet in the hole where the original connector was. The internal wires were long enough to attach to the block. It was an easy install. Looks like it was factory installed and easy to attach the wires.

N2SLO Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2017 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this rotor for my main array. With three antennas (all VHF/UHF), the rotor handles the wind load just fine. As previous reviewer noted, a known issue is with the connector. I knew about this in advance, so I purchased premade rotor feed line with connectors. Saved me a big headache and time. Rotor performs as expected, no issues. For under $300 a bargain. You can see my set-up on QRZ.

K8QV Rating: 4/5 Jul 31, 2017 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Just Buy The Cable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have to agree that the control cable connector is a huge issue. The rotor is very competitively priced and performs well, but you might as well decide up front to just add in the cost of an appropriate length of dedicated cable with connectors already installed. It's well worth the savings in frustration. I have no clue why the manufacturer uses this odd connector scheme.

K4LIX Rating: 4/5 Jul 31, 2017 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Rear Cable connector  Time owned: more than 12 months
The rotor is fine - BUT the tiny 6-pin molex is not acceptable - why didn't they use the standard 6-pin molex like is used on the older Icoms, Kenwoods, and Yaesus - I removed it, enlarged the hole and put in a 6-pin Cinch-Jones female and I mounted a 6-pin barrier strip on the back along with the Chinch-Jones - both in parallel with each other.

KD6NXI Rating: 2/5 Jul 31, 2017 08:06 Send this review to a friend
Horrible connector.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The connector on the back of the controller is an absolute piece of crap. It's an incredibly chincy molex connector and even after soldering the wires to the delicate pins and inserting them it is next to impossible to get them to seat correctly in the connector and if you do get them to seat they will either not make contact, push the contacts in the controller side of the connector back out into the box or the wires pull back out of the cable side of the connector. The connector on the rotor itself ia much higher quality although a pain in the ass to solder.