Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar HF-AUTO-R Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar HF-AUTO-R
Palstar HF-AUTO-R Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $495.95
Description: The Palstar HF-AUTO-R is the full-function remote control unit for use with the HF-AUTO automatic antenna tuner. The HF-AUTO-R allows for remote operation of the HF-AUTO base unit up to 500' away and duplicates all buttons, controls, and display info.
More info: http://www.palstar.com

You can write your own review of the Palstar HF-AUTO-R.

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2017 06:13 Send this review to a friend
Works just like the tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This extends the functionality of the HF-AUTO tuner allowing you to remote the tuner to the antenna or another location off the desk. It is about 5" narrower than the tuner so saves a little space if needed. This helps as the HF-AUTO is huge.

I debated not giving the unit 5 stars but since it works perfectly once setup, I decided it deserved a 5 star rating.

What I did not like was the unit comes with ZERO documentation, so they expect you to know how to hook it up. In my case I thought I had it correct (and I did) but it still did not work. Palstar forgot to send a null serial adapter which they promptly shipped out next day air which resolved the issue. Had that been in some sort of instructions it would have saved me some grief.

My other complaint is the unit runs on AC so I cant switch it on/off with my Astron supply. There is no way to shut the unit off without reaching around to the back of the unit and finding the switch near the power cord. In my case its impossible to reach. To make it worse, Palstar accidentally built my unit with a silk screened front panel showing the power switch markings. So apparently at one time they either shipped the unit with a switch or planned to.

So I had to search online and find a switch that matched my other Palstar gear, remove the front panel and machine a rectangular hole to fit the switch and wire it. Looks like a factory job now but not happy with Palstar's decision to leave a switch out.

Paul was very helpful when I called.