Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | QYT KT-7900D Mobile Help

Reviews Summary for QYT KT-7900D Mobile
QYT KT-7900D Mobile Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $90
Description: Quad band mobile Transceiver
More info: http://www.qyt-cn.com/en/products2.html

You can write your own review of the QYT KT-7900D Mobile.

KC4RAF Rating: 3/5 Oct 2, 2017 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Not too bad a transceiver so far.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hate to admit that I own one of these, but it was a gift and no money out of my pocket.
Connected it to my J-Pole and made a few contacts, simplex and repeaters. All reports said it did very well, (never told any of the other operators what brand or model till later on in the qso.
The receive was really good also; I was surprised that it could pick signals up out of the mud!
For the price it cost the friend who bought it for me, well I told her it did the job just fine.
BTW, it was able to hit all the repeaters in the area, (~40 miles radius).
The 350 to 390 Mhz is only good for listening to military only. I actually haven't tried it on that band to see how well it receives yet. More than likely will this coming weekend.
For the price, I would say it's ok for playing around with, but not to save your life with it.

W6CAW Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2017 18:19 Send this review to a friend
Great for $99.00  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
What do you expect for a $99.99, 25 watt, quad bander? Even for the money I think it is a nice little radio. Talks and receives just fine.

SV1HEP Rating: 2/5 Aug 26, 2017 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Garbage RX  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This radio is one of the poorest receiver ever made by the humanity and suffer from incurable diseases.
I will start with receiver.
It's not exactly a receiver, but a broadband front end stage only, without any bpf on it, especially in first coverage band 136-250. The incoming noise from whole this band makes the front end overload all time, and signals bellow S-5 to 6 it's not possible to passing over this mess.
Even with a small antennas the incoming RF from every corner of universe makes a wall for and to desired frequency signals bellow S5-6.
For a local repeater works ok, but not better from a hand held with a hand held antenna on it for sure.

In to the other bands section 350-490 seems to work better. Not any special, but ok.

In the transmitter section. Just a normal trx. Around 18watts plus or minus depends of band.
I don't make any out of HamBand test without a dummy load.

The menu is easy and shows but not working functions like:
No backlight on-off
No scrambler on or off(not needed but)
When use RX CTCS with squelch open from menu (not from monitor button), the receiver opens to any incoming signal with or without CTCS tone and just silencing the receiver like a normal squelch. Garbage.

For a good signal reception, needs to monitoring from menu, over to one band. I don't know why, but with dual monitor the receiver slightly works better. Example. Main to 2meter band, and simultaneously monitoring 70cm band. If use the other two bands for monitoring, a annoying relay works continuously makes click click drives him self to death.
I have read some of them not scanning. My radio scanning but like a slumber sloth.
Any way. This radio is Chinese Made. Thats means a lot by self.

Conclusion. For my unit. For the money it's a good expensive Rubik's cube to kill someone his time, searching how to make this bad transceiver to play like a real radio.

A give only a 2 points for size, screen and transmitter.

Keep your money for something better than this.
Sorry for my bad English.
Chris