Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Apache Labs - ANAN 8000DLE Help

Reviews Summary for Apache Labs - ANAN 8000DLE
Apache Labs - ANAN 8000DLE Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $3995.00
Description: The ANAN-8000DLE HF & 6M 200W is a SDR Transceiver which is
based on the work of the OpenHPSDR community.
More info: http://https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1048/ANAN-8000DLE-HF--6M-200W-SDR-Transceiver.html

You can write your own review of the Apache Labs - ANAN 8000DLE.

K2UE Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2017 16:03 Send this review to a friend
First rate  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am an SSB professional, beginning my career at RFCOM in 1966 and designing commercial and military SSB transceivers ever since. The Anan-8000DLE is the culmination of SSB development to date, and it is a thrill to see its vertical-sided Tx signal using PureSignal with IM > 70-dB down. The volunteer software developers are readily available and eagerly respond to suggestions for improved performance. It is hands down the best money I ever spent on ham hardware, and I recommend it without reservation for superb Tx and Rx performance and constantly evolving further improvement.

WB8LBZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2017 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Super radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is such a great radio that it will take a year or so to use all of the features. This radio is not for the timid computer user. The Apache Labs radios are not turn key installs. This is my second SDR and I missed the capability I had when I had a Flex 3000. The software is much improved and the user support from the community is top notch. The community has a number of support methods and takes time to get familiar with them. Have a question? The author of that part of the software just might answer you. I'm mainly an Icom guy and replaced fully loaded Icom 9100 for my main HF-6 radio. I have the GPSDO, Adaptive Predistortion (Pure Signal) and Diversity (noise cancelling) that I have been playing with. Lots of fun stuff.

73, Larry WB8LBZ
El Paso, TX
ANAN8000DLE SN:46

GW4DVB Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2017 01:45 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Radio !!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This review is for the Apache Labs ANAN 8000DLE HF & 6M 200W SDR Transceiver which is based on the work of the OpenHPSDR community.
Although not 100% qualified to review this transceiver I can hopefully pass on my experiences of owning and operating it for the past 4 months.

Firstly, it is a beast weighing in at just over 12Kg.

Being a bit of a black box operator, I’d forgotten how much fun radio can be – it’s not all about working stations, it’s the whole experience of learning and self-development in to new and exciting areas of radio.

This radio is definitely not ‘Plug-n-Play’ but is for those with a lot of time or who have an above average understanding of computers and software control of amateur radio periphery.
To my surprise the unit arrived without any paperwork – a ‘Rig in a Box’ – Literally!!
All of the operating information on how to get the radio to work has to be sought from the Apache Labs web site which in many cases refers you to other Knowledge Bases for info on specific operating / setup instructions – I've never surfed the web so my in my life !!!
The radio is operated by one piece of dedicated software - PowerSDR.

Like all SDR’s there is no need for external panadapters, sound cards etc for your digital modes as everything that you require is built into the radio and PowerSDR software – There is just one connection required between the radio and Computer which is via an Ethernet cable.
At point of writing this review I've yet to get my digi-modes configured.

I’ve had this radio for almost a 4 months now and have found myself guilty of hardly touching my other radio (FT-991A)… apart for operating digimodes (see above)

The radios receive performance is fantastic with the Noise Reduction and Noise Blanker settings out of the box capable of extracting the weakest signal out of the noise.
In addition the radio supports Diversity Receive functionality where you can combine two receive RF sources to enhance the receive signal or mix them in opposite phase to reduce certain sources of interference. This is extremely effective!!

The radio / SDR works very well with DDutils which is a very useful piece of free software. It was originally written for the Flex radios to be able to interface with other pieces of equipment, it allows control on amplifiers, power meters, ATUs etc by providing band data over the COM ports. If you use an external Power Amplifier with your radio it provides a mode called Autopower where you can set a reduced power level for use with the amp automatically every time you click a button to put the amp on line. Very useful to save blowing up the amp!!

All in all a fantastic radio to play with and learn new things along the way.

Not Cheap but Highly recommended !!