Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Portable QRP Ultralight Ruggedized Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Portable QRP Ultralight Ruggedized Dipole
Portable QRP Ultralight Ruggedized Dipole Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$28.99
Description: A resonant 40 meter dipole in a ruggedized, ultra-compact, ultra-light form
designed for demanding QRP and QRP portable radio operations.
The antenna requires no assembly, no tuner, and accepts a PL-259 connector. A
resonant dipole can help you make the most of low power transmitting without
additional weight and space. Deploys effectively in just minutes. Perfect for
POTA, SOTA, or any portable activation. Imagine hiking to the top of the peak or
journeying to some remote location and finding out you have forgotten some
innocuous piece of equipment that renders that expensive, fancy antenna dead
weight. Or worse, some form of damage has occurred in transit that prevents
your primary antenna from functioning. Having one of these will prevent your
efforts from being an exercise in frustration and will not add weight or take up
precious space. Some configurations do not even require a center support if the
ends are secure (see photo).
More info: http://www.ebay.com/itm/40M-HF-Dipole-Ultralight-Ruggedized-QRP-Portable-Stealth-SHTF-1-2-Wave-Dipole-/162655564852?hash=item25df06f434:g:xtAAAOSwTA9X3JSH

You can write your own review of the Portable QRP Ultralight Ruggedized Dipole.

K7DXT Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2017 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Little Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I operate portable QRP with an Elecraft KX-2 on camping and hiking trips. My main antenna has been an end fed for 10-40 meters, but I've really struggled getting my signal out of the canyons here in Colorado. I saw this antenna on eBay and decided to take a chance. They're built by Tim Ortiz, N9SAB in Illinois. He also has a link to the on his QRZ page. He builds a number of small antennas like this for various bands, and has one for 100 watts as well.

The antenna comes in a small pouch that fits neatly into my QRP field bag. I was amazed at how easy the thing went up, but far more impressed when I started getting responses to my calls. I was running only 10 watts, yet was being heard far more than I had in numerous attempts with the end fed.

Probably the most impressive thing about these antennas is how small they are, yet rugged. Tim N9SAB. has a number of them on eBay, and I'm hoping that he eventually goes to having his own web site. I plan to buy more bands in the future. Tim answered my questions by email promptly.