Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Mini Straight Key by KC5ILR Help

Reviews Summary for Mini Straight Key by KC5ILR
Mini Straight Key by KC5ILR Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$19.95
Description: NEW Ultimate Light Weight PLA Camel Back Key!
Liquid Smooth & Lightning Fast Steel Ball Bearings.
Stainless Steel Screws & Hardened Steel Pins.
Includes Free Base With Micro Grip Feet.
More info: http://cwmorse.us

You can write your own review of the Mini Straight Key by KC5ILR.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2017 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my Black Micro Navy Key from KC5ILR. It's a great little hand key that is absolutely perfect for portable/QRP operation. It is made out of 3D printed parts, but it is extremely well made and has a great feel to it. It is light weight and absolutely can't be beat for the price. I recommend it highly. It looks good, works great and it was shipped quickly. Joe, KC5ILR obviously takes great pride in the building of these little keys.

WA4BLM Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2017 13:28 Send this review to a friend
Nice Keys  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my two keys today and I like them a bunch, especially for the price. Great for QRP and/or portable operating.

K0UA Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2017 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Great little portable key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got it today, and I have made a total of one contact on 80 meters with it, but so far it is a keeper. It actually feels pretty good. Yes it is light, but with the included rubber feet, it doesn't slip on the table, and of course you could screw it down if you wanted to something. It has a nice 1/8 inch (3.5mm) socket for your own cable of any length. I like it. I believe it is going to be a keeper and I intend to primarily use it for my portable operations. It is small, lightweight, and cute as a bugs ear.

N7AG Rating: 4/5 Sep 10, 2017 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Clever!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Wave of the future! Fun, inexpensive, a bit mushy, perfect for back up or portable.

KB2SMS Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2017 05:33 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the red, white and blue key. Well made it works! For the price you can't go wrong.

NY7Q Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2017 13:24 Send this review to a friend
excellent key home/mobile  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I PURCHASED 3 OF THEM. RED, BLUE BLACK NAVY STYLE. GREAT
LITTLE KEYS NO MATTER IF HOME OR IN VEHICLE. MOUNT THEM ON A NICE BASE AND THEY ARE GREAT. NOT BAD FOR 3D KEYS. JOSEPH DOES GREAT WORK ON THESE.

W8WZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2017 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Cool novelty key  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I believe these keys are made by a young ham in TX on his 3 D printer. I support his ingenuity 100%. Fun little key. Do not use it to key high voltages. Use it only on direct key solid state type rigs. Every ham should have one!

K7DXT Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2017 17:04 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Little Portable Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just took delivery of one of these micro keys and it's pretty cool. I needed something for my QRP 'Go Bag', and was leaning toward the Whiterook. But I got this one instead, and I'm really glad. Cute as a 'bugs ear', it really has a smooth feel about it. It won't replace my Bencher straight key at home, but out in the field, it's perfect. It comes in several colors, and I got an orange and black one. You'll have to hold the base of the key with your non-keying hand if you don't mount it to a heavier board. That's no problem, considering its diminutive size and portability.