Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Electronics Revisited, LLC Help

Reviews Summary for Electronics Revisited, LLC
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Expert repair service for the HP 8640B Signal Generator

You can write your own review of the Electronics Revisited, LLC.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2017 10:12 Send this review to a friend
Superb service for the HP 8640B  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my 8640B for quite a while. I went to use it a while back and it had issues. Although I gave the 8640B a stellar review here, living with one (and using it) is a different story. The switch 'fingers' fall apart, the gears crack and the 'FM' switch will break if you touch it. You think it would be an easy repair, but it appears that HP built the entire machine around this switch.
I'm unsure how I found Bill's repair services, but I'm sure glad I did!
After he helped me many times via email, I finally gave up trying to repair it myself. I came close to scrapping it, since I have dozens of signal generators, but I had the down converter for this one and when it DID work, it was excellent.
Remember, these are heavy and the trip from FL to MA is big $. $85 up, $65 back.
It turns out that my HP was almost 'unfixable' with many issues. However, Bill prevailed and it's back home repaired and calibrated.

Happy customer!