Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | MFJ 762 Attenuator Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 762 Attenuator
MFJ 762 Attenuator Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: You get up to 81 dB attenuation in 1 dB steps. The MFJ-762 is precision built using surface mount and stripling technology; carefully shielding gives you excellent performance to 170 MHz. Its usable to 500 MHz.
250mW maximum input. Female BNC connectors. Includes two free BNC to SO-239 adapters. Sturdy, black all metal custom cabinet measure a compact 6.5Wx2.5Hx1.5D Inches.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-762

You can write your own review of the MFJ 762 Attenuator.

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2017 08:22 Send this review to a friend
Pretty nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am always hesitant to buy anything MFJ as their QC is hit or miss. Because of this I don't think I have owned anything in the last 8 years from them.

But figured for something as simple as an attenuation device I would give it a try.

The first thing I did was take it apart to check the soldering. What I could see looked really good and without unsoldering the BNC connectors I could not look at the other side.

I connected it to my Siglent wave form generator and tried various combinations of attenuation monitoring with my scope and using an online calculator to compare results. Was very happy with the results.