Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Diamond HRKS Adhesive Backed Mobile Mount Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond HRKS Adhesive Backed Mobile Mount
Diamond HRKS Adhesive Backed Mobile Mount Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: The HRKS is a mount for mobile antennas that adheres to a
mounting surface using provided double-stick tape. It is
made for antennas with a UHF type base.

A cable composed of 13.5 feet of RG-316 PTFE Coaxial
cable is provided. It is terminated with a PL-259.

A kit containing a NR770HA dual band antenna and this
mount is also available (NR770HRKS).
More info: http://www.diamondantenna.net/hrks.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond HRKS Adhesive Backed Mobile Mount.

WR5E Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2017 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Mount  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like K4KRW's review above, I also bought this packaged with a NR770HA antenna. I have used it for probably almost 4 years now.

My situation was a different though to my 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4WD 4-door. I temporarily tried a "door edge" mount on the rear passenger side door. Just did not like the antenna's "wiggle" with that installation. That mount was only on the truck for about 2-3 minutes.

I was able to exchange that door edge mount for the HRKS mount. Great mount! It is stuck on vertically to the right rear cab window near the top and about 1.5 inches from that window's left side (near the middle sliding window). The 13.5' RG-316 cable then goes down and then under the sliding window (I used adhesive cable mounts on the outside glass to "anchor" and route the cable vertically down that stationary right rear cab glass). The cable is then routed through the interior with just enough cable to reach the Icom ID-880H unit sitting under the right front passenger seat.

After 3.5 years, both the antenna and mount are doing great. I did have to replace the cable earlier this year as I was experiencing about 4dB loss in that 13.5 run on 2m.

K4KRW Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2017 06:18 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna mount - It saved my paint  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was tired of seeing paint scratches on my car from my mag mount antenna. So I bought this packaged with a NR770HA antenna. I have used it for probably two years now.

I have it mounted to the rear most window on the driver's side of my car.

When you mount it, make sure you bend the flexible tabs to conform to the mounting surface. This is critical. The adhesive is not strong enough to hold these tabs down if they are trying to flex away from the surface. You want all of the adhering surface you can get for this to hold up at highway speeds. If you form these tabs correctly before adhering, the mount holds up very well.

I was even able to transplant mine to a second vehicle. I was able to remove it from the first vehicle by just drawing picture hanging wire through the double-stick adhesive. Window cleanup was easy. I sanded the mount to remove the remaining adhesize, painted it and then used black, wide, heavy duty outdoor double-stick adhesive available from a big box hardware store to re-mount it.

I would definitely buy another.