Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Kenwood TM-431A Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood TM-431A
Kenwood TM-431A Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $480.00
Description: Single band 440MHz 35W mobile rig, UHF cousin to the TM-231A and TM-331A. Came out early 1990's.
More info: http://https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/fm_txvrs/tm231a.html

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TM-431A.

N2MDV Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2017 07:21 Send this review to a friend
Great single band UHF work horse!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this rig around early 1994, and the guys from around Buffalo, NY hardly used it, and sold it to me for about $400.00. Nice rig! As good as its 2M and 222MHz cousins. Easy to operate, great audio reports, great RX ears on it, and never heard IMD on it. Only MOD's done to it were to replace the Li Battery and that early '90's Kenwood teardrop style mic with the newer MC-57 DTMF mic, which is a better upgrade since that mic is backlit. I hope to keep this rig for years to come. Yeah, I may have paid more than I should for a used single band rig, even in 1994, but I don't regret it as it continues to still serve me well when I need it. The next MOD to it would be to replace the display wheat bulbs with 3mm white LED's, like I have with other Kenwood rigs like the TM-741A and TM-241A.