Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7610 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-7610
ICOM IC-7610 Reviews: 36 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $5,245.00 AUD
Description: NEW ICOM HF Radio IC-7610

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7610 .

GARICE10601 Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2018 15:39 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Radio!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been a ham for about 40 years and have been a Yaesu or Kenwood guy that whole time. But ICOM got this right!

Very easy to use right out of the box. SUPER quiet receiver and amazing filtering. Transmit audio is fantastic.

This is the most I've even spend on a rig. Worth every penny. Thanks ICOM. Great Job.
K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2018 06:39 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After being in ham radio for 58 years,this is the best rig I've ever used.A bit more complicated than the 7300,so takes longer to set up.Getting great tx audio reports,"the best you've ever sounded" and the receiver hears stations not heard on the 7300.Highly recommended!
N9LBW Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2018 04:11 Send this review to a friend
I Am Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really like the IC-7610, although I think is is a bit over priced. Compared to my other radios which are Kenwood TS-990S, Kenwood TS-2000, FLEX 6300, Yaesu FTdx9000D, ICOM IC-9100 and ICOM IC-7300 it stacks up very well. Although the Kenwood TS-990S is still my favorite the IC-7610 comes in a Close Second. I have classified it as a keeper although each of my other radios have their strong points. As you can see I have more radios than Good Sense Hi Hi
KV6X Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2018 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow! Can hear weak signals that I barely know are there on my Flex. Very quiet receiver. Sensitive. Transmit IMD goes up a bit with 100 watts. Selective. Equalizer could use more options. Occasional software glitches. Boots up quickly which is important if you see DX spot. Wish second receiver could also transmit separately. NB better on Flex and Anan. Great NR. Overall very good radio and hopefully Icom will address the occasional glitch and requested features via firmware updates. Receiver is impressive.
KG6KGP Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2018 00:29 Send this review to a friend
Great radio periid  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Skip all the DVI adapter nonsense. Most PC video adapter cards have DVI as it is easy to convert to HDMI, VGA, etc. Try going from HDMI to VGA and you'll see what I mean.

Some peopple have had bugs but the vast majority haven't. The radio in CW pulls signals out of the air that you can barely see on the band scope. Absolutely amazing receiver. Lots of connectivity as well. I have found it to be one heck of a quiet receiver in a dense urban area. I would ask the naysayers to show us your serial number as I doubt many have purchased the radio.
N4UE Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2018 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Better and better....  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Yep, I'm an official "Icom Fanboy". But, I also own dozens of other radios from Allied to Collins.

The 7610 was reported to have several 'issues" that included an "unwanted tone and receive muting".
I've not had these issues, but the Icom 7610 Yahoo Group Administrator, helped Icom Engineering to produce Firmware Update V1.06, to address those issues.

Great thing about SDRs, the 'bugs' can (hopefully) be fixed via a Firmware update.

If you were concerned about those 'issues', pull the trigger and get a 7610 now.

You will be amazed.

EI4DQ Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2018 18:15 Send this review to a friend
very good / but......  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very nice looking transceiver, we will give it a 9 out 10 for looks,Believe me it will take you a good few hours to learn how to pilot this baby,After that you should be flying with ease, Scope is fantastic, and when connected to an external monitor it really shines.
I have a new 24inch monitor i just had to buy a dvi to html cable for it. Colours on the scope are v good, even though i think the colours on my ic7600 adjust a bit better. The receiver is excellent and will hear a pin drop, This transceiver is a cw ops dream, you can get rid of your outboard memory keyer, this rig has all you need, and very easy to access on the scope.with up to 8 different messages.And also works a dream on digi. if you have a pa you can get rid of your outboard sequencer/ relays ect this rig has pa tx delay ect, also cw rise time adjustment.Its nice to hear a weak cw stn right alongside a 59+ stn and still dig the weak one out, filters and audio peak filter are very effective,tx and rx audio excellent .So why did i give it a four and not five ?. Because of following, Why icom did you install a timer button ? I know of no amateurs who use a timer to switch on / off their rig ? What a waste of a button, which could have been put to better use, who ever in icom though of that idea i would take him/her to the top of mount fuji and leave him/her there as a punishment. Also the note pad mp-w / mp-r another waste of two buttons, pen and paper is faster. and you could have put 4 rf outputs instead of a miserable two.Also why did you not make one paper manual which includes the advanced section ? But apart from that excellent transceiver. works very well.73 tom EI4DQ
K0WIX Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2018 12:56 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After about 100 hrs use, coming from 7300, TS590sg,7410,7100 all that are good, this is great. A big step forward . Would buy again.
VE3LTI Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2018 08:25 Send this review to a friend
Awesome SDR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned only one ICOM HF radio in the past (IC-7300) so I'm not an ICOM fanatic by any definition. I have had my IC-7610 for about a month with about 100 hours of use and so far I have had no issues or problems with it. I use CW and digital modes and apart from rig definitions not being yet available for some software, HRD can be used as a server to offset this issue.

As an SDR, the performance is incedible and the panadaptor is great. My Flex6500 panadaptor is superior to the Icom but the complete lack of dependance on OS revisions and standalone ability offsets this minor disadvantage. Like most direct sampling SDRs, judicious use of RF Gain, pre-amps and attenuators is required but the only time I have seen the OVF indicator flicker is when in the MF broadcast bands (>S9+60) and dialing back the RF gain solves the problem.

I use a Logitech wireless keyboard and trackpad when running stand alone which improves accuracy of frequency changes, etc. The dual virtual USB ports for control and built in codec make the wiring for digital modes trivial.

The display is stunning, the audio is a pleasure to listen to and the flexibility offered by this radio is very good. Areas that could be improved include wider transmit and receive bandwidths when using digital modes.

Altogether, a fine modern transceiver that is great to use and a pleasure to operate.
W3DS Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2018 12:26 Send this review to a friend
Impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iíve owned a number of mid-priced radios over the years, most recent the IC-7600, IC-7300, and TS-590SG. I like the idea of an SDR with knobs without a PC hookup. The IC-7300 is a great little radio but a bit too compact for me. The 590SG has an excellent receiver but no built in bandscope. The IC-7600 is one fine radio and I was interested in its successor the IC-7610. The 7610 is a performance upgrade from the 7600, a better receiver and more sensitive faster bandscope. The ability to connect an external display is nice. The 7610 has separate connectors for both a hand key and paddle, the 7300 doesnít. The receivers are not the same. The IC-7610 has a better receiver than the 7300. But itís 3 times the cost. Yes, the radio is expensive, but the quality and finish are superb. Itís a great new toy with plenty of eye candy. Iím not a contester and a very casual operator. This radio is overkill for my needs, but a lot of fun. Amateur radio is a hobby and thatís what itís all about. There are signals near the noise floor that I could copy that the 7300 wouldnít hear. I like the size and ergonomics of the radio. Iíve never been a fan of touch screens and finger printing up a beautiful display. An inexpensive rubber stylus pen was a simple solution. I really enjoy this radio am happy with my purchase.