Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Mosley TA 53 Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley TA 53
Mosley TA 53 Reviews: 31 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $812.95 + shipping
Description: 5 band HF beam

You can write your own review of the Mosley TA 53.

NO4J Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2016 09:02 Send this review to a friend
Just WOW! Great signal on all 5 Bands.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Everything I expected and more. I have the TA-53-M and the TA-40-KR. It has been up for about 2 months. I have it at 55 feet. They are correct when they say very little front to back ratio. If that is your thing, do not buy this antenna. However, the forward gain must be outstanding. I have had monobanders in the past at higher heights and they were no better than this antenna. 3 elements on 5 bands and a rotatable dipole on 40 mtrs. It is a heavy antenna because it is built to withstand a lot of abuse, natural and man made. You can look at my QRZ.com page (NO4J) and see a link to some pictures I took during the 'project'.
It went together very nicely and quite easily. I took my time making sure everything was right and it took about 5 hours to assemble. It can be done a lot quicker. In a conversation with Mosely, I asked how much the 40 add-on would help over my G5RV at 45 feet. He told me I would be in the top 5%. Right! Well, he told the truth. I enjoy 40 mtrs just as much as the higher bands.
A friend of mine has ordered one after seeing mine in action. He can be seen in the pics in the above link.
I recommend this antenna without reservation. Just remember, it weighs 55 pounds. 65 with the 40 mtr add-on.
I am very happy with my purchase and yes, I would do it again.

W2NRA Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2016 07:30 Send this review to a friend
Very durable and Great performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my Mosley TA-53M up for 25 1/3 years. It has survive many storms, including a couple of hurricanes over the years. The only maintenance I've done is replaced the feed line 3 times. It has performed very well and help me get on the DXCC CW Honor Roll and the WAS Triple Play #56.

W2NRA Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2016 07:29 Send this review to a friend
Very durable and Great performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my Mosley TA-53M up for 25 1/3 years. The only maintenance I've done is replaced the feed line 3 times. It has performed very well and help me get on the DXCC CW Honor Roll and the WAS Triple Play #56.

NO4J Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2016 04:15 Send this review to a friend
Built like a Sherman Tank  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had my TA-53-M with TA-40-KR up at 55 feet for almost a week. Very impressed. I can work everything. Very little F/B but that's as advertised and fine with me. This antenna is really well built and a little heavy for a small beam. But that means it is a survivor. It scared me a little when I first tested it on sawhorses. I could not get a SWR dip at all on 40 meters. Mosley told me that was normal. They were correct. I tested it again half way up the tower (Hazer) and it was fine. The only concern is the bandwidth on 20. I think adding the 40 mtr kit might have narrowed 20 mtrs. Just a guess. I get about 200khz on 20 meters. All other bands are fine. Overall.....Outstanding. This will be my workhorse for many years to come. Good job, Mosely.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2016 22:13 Send this review to a friend
Keeps on Busting Pileups!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well I have had my TA-53M up now for about 10 1/2 years at 55 ft.& it has never let me down.It does not matter what band I'm on it will bust the biggest pileups I have come across & I'm a DX Chaser.Even under the poor band conditions DX is not an issue for me.It's pretty obvious that Mosley builds quality antennas or they would never have survived well over 70 years in business.Most all of my local Ham Radio friends also run a Mosley HF yagi & none of them have any issues.Go & buy yourself a Mosley yagi & you will have a long lasting,DX busting, dependable,& tough antenna that just may outlast you & stop listening to those who say a yagi with traps will not perform against those without traps because it's obvious listening to the pileups that a Mosley yagi will walk the dog all over the DX world.Thanks again Mosley for building Top Quality antennas. {:>)

WA5WA Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2016 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Happy customer with Mosley  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this antenna on Sept 2015 and easy to install, low SWR and light, and I got my first DXCC. I buy monoband 40 Meter SF-402-A on the way, so exicited!
Happy customer with Mosley.

G0OQQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2015 10:12 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well made antenna ,all pre-drilled holes so no tuning.
Tested for SWR at 8 feet on temp mast before putting on mast
17M and 12M were highest both showing 2-1..but when up at 30 feet 17M was 1-1.2. and 12M 1-1-3 so all ok.
Very impressed with low SWR over entire band so no tuner needed...very impressed.

DL7SFT Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2015 16:46 Send this review to a friend
very good performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use the TA-53M with 40m Kit TA-40KR (SSB only). This is a real solid antenna. You can switch through the Bands and immediately are ready to transmit. No tuning needed.
In only 2 month i worked 129 DXCC all over the world without any problem or investing a lot of time.
The quality is also very well and assembly with the color codes very easy. SWR worked immediately.

IW2DUG Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2015 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Amazing   Time owned: more than 12 months
Just placed on new 6 mt tower at the top of the roof its started to perform as Mosley specify.
Really easy to assembly thanks to the color code present on each parts. Recomended Noalox anti-oxidant compound to ensure perfect connections and durability. Perfect costruction using heavy duty materials and project. Excellent SWR curve on all 5 covered bands. The antenna has been assembled and installed on the tower as Mosley recomended lets it. RF choke placed nearly the phasing line, turning coax cable 5 times on 15cm diameter. F/B ratio related to a 4,3mt boom lengh and strong front/side ratio. Real 3 element Yagi on each band evoide multi antenna and additional tower specially in small enviroment installation place. Alway a prompt answer from any Dx call.
Finally forget built-in antenna tuner of your RTX, no more needed. Whatelse........ try it and clean your roof from christmas tree !!!

Mosley forewer.
IW2DUG

K5BJM Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2015 16:16 Send this review to a friend
TA53M Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ok after having this antenna in the air for over 2 Years I am still amazed at its performance and strength. This thing is great! I love building antennas and know what makes them work, ( and not work), I have many antennas and beams over the years and this Mosley is one of the best that I have used. I have 2 stations set up, one at the home qth, and one at my ranch, the Mosley is at home qth and I have a Hygain TH11DX at the ranch, this is a 11 element 5 band beam on a 24 foot boom, a huge antenna and works great. Now with that being said I think the Mosley TA53M on a 14 foot boom, performs just as good as the Hygain TH11DX, except for front to back ratio, which in my situation is actually a plus. I recommend Mosley no matter which one you choose. You will not be disappointed with this beam!